Adopt and Egg....... Shipped egg Hatch-a-long 2023

Pics
Number 5 please 😎
Ok. I think I goofed and #5 is a clear........ Do you want #4? I had a ? on that one, then thought I saw something..... now thinking maybe clear with a meat spot?? IDK but doesn't seem to be growing like the others.......

Also (sorry this is both of yours) #11 is doing great but is a Lavender Brahma not a Lavender Orpington..... I wrote it wrong on my paper. UGH!

soooooooo I candled some tonight to mark air cells..... Didn't do them all...... Well I kept "missing" the one Lavender Orpington egg I thought I had developing going by my written list. so I looked and looked and none marked LMO (lavender mottled orpington). Checked # and the one I had marked on my paper as LMO is marked on the egg as a lav. brahma. UGH!!!!!!!! which is fine....... but that means 0 of the orpington eggs developed.... there were 4 lavender and 1 caramel laced chocolate and none did anything...... But means that 3 lavender Brahmas are going strong. then 4 black golden blue brahmas (green eggs) are going strong. and the 4 colored eggs (mystery, EE and BYM)......

I have already placed an order for 4 more lavender orpington eggs, 1-2 lavender Brahma, and 2-3 project orpingtons (mauve which is a color she is working on). So HOPEFULLY get some Orpingtons on Easter!!!!!!!

thinking maybe I shouldn't have Orpingtons though.. Last year I bought chicks and went to the store to get a few different breeds....... Yup the Lav Orps that SHOULD have come in that day didn't....... LOL then when I ordered eggs she was going to throw in a couple as "extra's", last year, and didn't.......... just hoping the next batch do MUCH better than this one!

Ok. I think I goofed and #5 is a clear........ Do you want #4? I had a ? on that one, then thought I saw something..... now thinking maybe clear with a meat spot?? IDK but doesn't seem to be growing like the others.......

Also (sorry this is both of yours) #11 is doing great but is a Lavender Brahma not a Lavender Orpington..... I wrote it wrong on my paper. UGH!
I'm sorry none of your Orpingtons are developing 😞 love a nice brahma though! I will happily adopt #4, going to have to up my positive vibes for my adopted eggs. More cheering! Go eggs goooooooooo

@junior67 If you really want Orpingtons, Mt Healthy has lavender, chocolate, red, buff & black still in stock for selected dates. I couldn’t find a hatchery with pullets available (we just wanted one, my DS’s choice). I know you like hatching, but if you ever decide to order…😊

I have buffs!
3BC8C16C-6DB8-4CF5-B0F7-183C723A1B93.jpeg

@junior67 If you really want Orpingtons, Mt Healthy has lavender, chocolate, red, buff & black still in stock for selected dates. I couldn’t find a hatchery with pullets available (we just wanted one, my DS’s choice). I know you like hatching, but if you ever decide to order…😊
there is a feed store near me that has Lavender and Chocolate that "should" be in around when mine hatch (Wed-Fri that week and my eggs should hatch on Fri)...... so tempting but they have a 6 chick min. but tempted to ask on a local FB group if anyone near me is going that week that could get me a couple chicks....... Debating on another CCL since mine seems broken....... was thinking of a Prairie Bluebell egger but not sure what I think of their looks. LOL But then remind myself that I have 17-18 eggs hatching, at least 8 more coming in and think I may have a broody now that I am debating on giving some of my Frizzle girls eggs to so do I really need to add more. Especially since I can only keep a couple unless I get the new coop and set that up (then expanding my run either way) then I can add like 6-8. LOL

Back
Top Bottom