Adopt and Egg....... Shipped egg Hatch-a-long 2023

Pics
I have 21 now. 19 hens/pullets and 2 roo's. My coop is technically too small by a few chickens but they are doing great and all get along well including my 2 roos.
My main coop is too... I had never let a broody hatch for me but told my silkies to go for it last year... and they really went for it. A little TOO successful 🤣 I want to add more to that flock but there are just toooooo many.

I am definitely getting another coop and run so my smaller bantams don't get squished, just not sure how to tell my partner... I'm thinking just order it, put it together and see if he notices?

My main coop is too... I had never let a broody hatch for me but told my silkies to go for it last year... and they really went for it. A little TOO successful 🤣 I want to add more to that flock but there are just toooooo many.

I am definitely getting another coop and run so my smaller bantams don't get squished, just not sure how to tell my partner... I'm thinking just order it, put it together and see if he notices?
LOL. I am adding an 8x10 section to my run. I mentioned it last year and was told "they have enough room" This year I have basically just said "ok we will do "whatever" AFTER I expand my run and we get your shed. He wanted one last year but wanted to get the yard cleaned up before he got it etc. and that wasn't done..... but I am done waiting so will get material to expand my run either way! Then just need him to pick up my free coop and get it in place....... LOL

so I will basically just combine both my coops/runs.

Sad day today. I think egg #16 has quit. :( @DavidReaves did you want another one?

Then I found one of my pullets dead. :( no clue what happened. she was under the poop boards out of view of the camera. Looked like she just laid down in there and passed away. I feel horrible I don't know if it was yesterday or today. I was out there yesterday and didn't see her there but was out for a bit today doing a full clean up of the poop boards and didn't see her for a bit, happened to glance down and saw her tail and thought it odd she didn't run out so looked down and noticed she was gone. zero signs of anything wrong before this. She laid an egg yesterday morning. :( I have at least 1 but think 2 of her eggs in the incubator. egg #1 is and I think egg #4. But I have 3 splash girls and my frizzle girl and their eggs all look very similar...... I think I may give a couple eggs I believe are hers to my broody in a couple days.

Sad day today. I think egg #16 has quit. :( @DavidReaves did you want another one?

Then I found one of my pullets dead. :( no clue what happened. she was under the poop boards out of view of the camera. Looked like she just laid down in there and passed away. I feel horrible I don't know if it was yesterday or today. I was out there yesterday and didn't see her there but was out for a bit today doing a full clean up of the poop boards and didn't see her for a bit, happened to glance down and saw her tail and thought it odd she didn't run out so looked down and noticed she was gone. zero signs of anything wrong before this. She laid an egg yesterday morning. :( I have at least 1 but think 2 of her eggs in the incubator. egg #1 is and I think egg #4. But I have 3 splash girls and my frizzle girl and their eggs all look very similar...... I think I may give a couple eggs I believe are hers to my broody in a couple days.
Im so sorry for your loss :hugs

new list with ones I pulled gone.

1.- Black Golden Blue Brahma farmgirl283420
2.- Black Golden Blue Brahma -- Chicken Poppy yes
3. - Black Golden Blue Brahma yes
4. - Lavender Brahma chickengirl2671 yes
6. - Lavender Brahma yes -- Mochalatte
11. - Lavender Brahma -- notasilkie Yes
14. - BYM (blue egg) Yes -- farmgirl283420
15. - Black Golden Blue Brahma -- Ilovemychicks08 Yes
16. - EE (greenish egg) Yes-- David Reaves
18. - Mystery Blue egg -- iluveggers Yes

My eggs
1 - yes--- iluveggers
2 - yes. --- farmgirl283420
3 - yes -- ilovemychicks08
4 - yes --- notasilkie
6 - yes --- chickengirl2671
7 - yes --- mochalatte

3 is developing and available.

@Chicken poppy, @MochaLatte , @notasilkie , @Ilovemychicks08 , @Iluveggers @Farmgirl283420 @Chickengirl2671 @DavidReaves

Last edited:
I gave my broody 9 eggs today. one is from my EE that lays beautiful teal eggs, but not sure the boys like her, or maybe she doesn't like them so guess we see in a few days, think 3 of them are my frizzle girls eggs (same with the boys or her so they may not be fertilized but really hope so since at least 2 people want her eggs!!!!!), 2 from the girl that passed away. then the other 3 are from my other splash Cochins but not sure exactly who has 2 and who has 1....... LOL so guess we see Wed or Thurs night how many are developing!

Back
Top Bottom