ADOR1 Automatic Coop Door?

Taken from their website

The ADOR1 is designed to draw only about 60 millionths of an amp, and the motor only draws around a fifth of an amp and that's usually only for 10 seconds twice a day. Will the door arm wrestle with you? Nope. You won't be cutting off the heads of slow chickens with it. It will smush them a little and then go back up, and they will take a run for it and probably learn to be quicker. The closing force is less than 8 pounds so imagine asking your chicken if you can put an 8 pound book on top of her. She can take it for a moment.

Hey just wanted to get back on here and post about my Ador1 experience. I absolutely love it! Installation was super easy. I need to get out there and mess with the timer but have been too busy. My chickens go to bed really early so my door is open for about 45 minutes after they have gone in. I would highly recommend this door. I have had it about a month now.

That's great! Did he say anything about the lazy chicken that might sit in the doorway as it is coming down?
Haha. He said that it closes slowly so the chickens would have plenty of time to move.
One thing I forgot to ask is about the light sensor. My coop is underneath out second story deck. It's pretty shady all the time there. Does the sensor have a way to be placed elseware? Like if I were to feed it up through the slots of the deck above to where the sun shines?

I have been shopping around for something just like this. We are making our coop this week. So I would need it in a bit of a hurry... The coop will be 4 x 4. Will this door fit? And one more question. What if the door starts to shut when a lazy hen is sitting in it?
It depends on the height of your walls. likely they are taller than 28 inches.
Even the most lazy chicken would get the cluck out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom