Kebonnixs automatic door is it good?

junior67

Free Ranging
Jan 29, 2021
MA
Does anyone have the Kebonnixs automatic door for their coop???

Do you like it? Any issues?? Reviews on Amazon are ok, but some say batteries run out fast so replacing them every few weeks????

I like that the door seems a bit bigger. I have some large chickens so afraid one with an 8x10 door will be too small. Don't really have $200+ for a chicken guard extreme and make our own door that is bigger or an ador1. So hoping to find something with a decent size door for $150-175.....

I can't speak to either of these doors with any firm knowledge about them but this one looks good and is at the same price point. Plus I really DISLIKE string doors. I build my own that are way stronger and are a bit cheaper to make, so I wouldn't buy one. That being said, this is one of four doors that, I would even consider.

@Unswydd @Dreammaker I saw you two had one? are you still happy with it? how have the batteries been and how is it in the cold temps?
Hi Junior67!
I love it. It's been very reliable. There was only 2 times it didn't open and I blame the weather this last winter. It was 40* below 0 wind chill and it didn't open. It could have been the batteries. I had the ones in that came with it so who knows how old they were. I changed them out and have had no problems at all. It's so easy to install and get started.
Also I have motion lights outside the coop door and it doesn't affect the door at all. Hope this helps.

Hi Junior67!
I love it. It's been very reliable. There was only 2 times it didn't open and I blame the weather this last winter. It was 40* below 0 wind chill and it didn't open. It could have been the batteries. I had the ones in that came with it so who knows how old they were. I changed them out and have had no problems at all. It's so easy to install and get started.
Also I have motion lights outside the coop door and it doesn't affect the door at all. Hope this helps.
Thank you. there is a timer function too right? I prefer using a timer.

We built our other one so the door is quite large but that uses a tractor battery with a trickle charger on it all the time. The new coop won't have power at least for now so wanted something that ran off of batteries at least to start.

Thank you. there is a timer function too right? I prefer using a timer.

We built our other one so the door is quite large but that uses a tractor battery with a trickle charger on it all the time. The new coop won't have power at least for now so wanted something that ran off of batteries at least to start.
Yes, you can set it to open and close when you want. I don't have power to my coop either.
There is an app that you can use to adjust the door. You need WiFi to do that tho. I just go with the preprogrammed setting, sunrise to sunset. In the winter I just closed it when there was bad weather as I don't have a good connection where my coop is located.

@Unswydd @Dreammaker I saw you two had one? are you still happy with it? how have the batteries been and how is it in the cold temps?
Very happy with it! We're in MA and this past winter had a stretch of several days with temps at or below 0 and it held up great! About 2 years ago, my husband did decide to lightly grease the tracks (I don't know the exact brand; some generic automotive grease). I think he just felt it'd be a good preventive measure. We've never had an issue with the door getting stuck. Whether that's because he greased the tracks, I can't say for sure; it might have been fine without that step. The batteries are replaced about 2-3 times a year. Of course, buying high-quality batteries helps. It's been one of the best purchases we've made.

Very happy with it! We're in MA and this past winter had a stretch of several days with temps at or below 0 and it held up great! About 2 years ago, my husband did decide to lightly grease the tracks (I don't know the exact brand; some generic automotive grease). I think he just felt it'd be a good preventive measure. We've never had an issue with the door getting stuck. Whether that's because he greased the tracks, I can't say for sure; it might have been fine without that step. The batteries are replaced about 2-3 times a year. Of course, buying high-quality batteries helps. It's been one of the best purchases we've made.
Thank you. I am in MA as well. So all great info!!!

Yes, you can set it to open and close when you want. I don't have power to my coop either.
There is an app that you can use to adjust the door. You need WiFi to do that tho. I just go with the preprogrammed setting, sunrise to sunset. In the winter I just closed it when there was bad weather as I don't have a good connection where my coop is located.
Thank you!!!

Hi Junior67!
How long have you had them now and r they still working. Thanks appreciate and looking to buy

Back
Top Bottom