ADOR1 Automatic Coop Door?

Mine is amazing and has been flawless from them minute I installed it. I have even flashed my flashlight on the sensor and it did not open. So as far as I know, the door is incredibly smart and does its job perfectly!

Ordered mine Monday
wee.gif
Can't wait til it gets here. I was really debating which way to go, add a motor, pullet shut etc.. I had actually ordered the one from McMuary Hatchery and then cancelled and decided that waiting for this one sounds best not to mention cheaper. All the rave reviews really helped. I just hope the wait isn't too long. Rod said hopefully it will be shipped out by the end of next week.
fl.gif
Can't wait to sleep in.
love.gif

ETA: Order number 1552

Last edited:
Got mine installed last night. I did an inside installation since we have large windows in the coop and the Northern Michigan winters are very unkind. I think it took me longer to open the box and unwrap everything than actually installing it.

So far I am impressed, I may never see those chickens at 5 a.m again.

Gotta add my two cents worth. I've had the door installed about three weeks and had my chickens for one week. The door is fantastic!! Works perfectly. Finally got the chicks to go inside by themselves last night using the light trick. Door was super easy to install. I'll give it five stars! :)

Slow2

Gotta add my two cents worth. I've had the door installed about three weeks and had my chickens for one week. The door is fantastic!! Works perfectly. Finally got the chicks to go inside by themselves last night using the light trick. Door was super easy to install. I'll give it five stars! :)

Slow2

What's the "light trick"?

Thanks for that explanation.
The ADOR1 has a set of features built-in called "Auxilliary Output" which is a solid-state switch. The switch operates to control one or more of three optional (DIY or we provide... just not selling it yet) accessories. Those three accessories are: NiteLite, OvaLight, and External Alarm. You can set or disable any of these operations. "NiteLight" operates the switch when the daylight diminishes but before the door closes and the switch continues to be closed until some period of time (10 minutes? I have to look it up) after the door closes. The idea is that it should attract the chickens to the coop and once they are inside, to give them a little light to find their spot to roost. Then the switch turns off. NiteLight could be the same lamp as you may want to use for OvaLight, and may also be the same lamp to use for External Alarm if you can, like, see light in the coop from your kitchen window, lets say. Because if the External Alarm is tapping out SOS and you have a coop lamp hooked up the the Aux Switch output, then the light in the coop will be flashing like that. The alarm would be to warn you that the battery is low or that the door did not completely open or shut for some reason. One warning I should say right now is that you will need to operate the lamp from a separate power source since it would draw down the internal battery pretty fast.
-ROD

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I ordered mine today after talking with Rod and reading this entire forum! Thanks everyone for the advice, photos, and reviews. It makes buying a non-returnable item a lot easier. I will post photos after its installed. This will be an install the likes no one has seen before. It wont be going on the coop itself, rather on the run. Hope it works!!

Anyone receive a shipping notice for todays shipments? If so just wondering on the order #. I hope mine will be here soon but I am thinking it won't be shipped till later in the week. I am so impatient and excited.

Back
Top Bottom