Advice for dopting swans cheaply

Gabrielpsherry

Chirping
Mar 3, 2019
Carrollton, GA 30117
I cared for a widowed male mute swan years ago, and have wanted them ever since. Now I live on a 55 acre private lake, and built a floating island for waterfowl. I love watching our Muscovy, but crave the bigger birds. Yet I can’t afford to buy a pair. Does anyone have any suggestions? I’d be happy to adopt a rescue or older birds. But I don’t know of any rescues around here.
I can give them an incredible life. Thanks!

One thing to think about is that mated pairs of swans can be very territorial and aggressive during nesting season, so much so that they are sometimes used to keep flocks of wild geese off community lakes.

So you might do a bit of reading to see if your lake is large enough so that they could get along with others... seems like 55 acres would be, but I don’t know.

Also a mates pair can be people aggressive, so often two males or two females are kept so that they won’t hatch and become aggressive.

That’s all I have, hope its helpful info. Maybe others have ideas on adoption, etc.

I would like to buy 2 swan ei5her both males or both females. I live in Texas any suggestions on which breed works best

Carrollton, GA 30117
I cared for a widowed male mute swan years ago, and have wanted them ever since. Now I live on a 55 acre private lake, and built a floating island for waterfowl. I love watching our Muscovy, but crave the bigger birds. Yet I can’t afford to buy a pair. Does anyone have any suggestions? I’d be happy to adopt a rescue or older birds. But I don’t know of any rescues around here.
I can give them an incredible life. Thanks!

My three year old male mute swan recently lost his mate. I am looking for a new home for him. your place sounds incredible.

Back
Top Bottom