I am glad to meet you, and welcome to BYC. What a moving introduction! And how helpful to us all! There are several posts about building a first aid kit, but this has to be one of the best. I like that you explain the uses of the various medicines and tools. I am sorry for your losses, but hugely impressed by how you have worked to become your own chicken doctor! Well done! I look forward to hearing more from you.

Do you have any pictures of your birds? We all love to see pictures, and share stories!
I am glad to meet you, and welcome to BYC. What a moving introduction! And how helpful to us all! There are several posts about building a first aid kit, but this has to be one of the best. I like that you explain the uses of the various medicines and tools. I am sorry for your losses, but hugely impressed by how you have worked to become your own chicken doctor! Well done! I look forward to hearing more from you.

Do you have any pictures of your birds? We all love to see pictures, and share stories!
Thank you Boppo! Nice to meet you too and everyone here has been super helpful and kind. Yeh panic got me up to speed in a lot of chicken saving but I’m still learning and trying to forgive my mistakes. My Lily is very sick and currently resting in my closet. That’s our patient room ❤️‍🩹 have her breathing treatment and that is working perfectly to keep her breathing normal but I think her sour crop was too bad. I fear I will lose her. She liked to give neck hugs with her neck. I posted some pics of my girls. I have 8 Buff Orpingtons all around 2-3 years old. I have a new flock of kids in my upstairs which is 2 wyandottes, 2 naked necks, and 4 Black Stars. Lily is the one looking at her beautiful face in the mirror. We also have cats and two pit bulls.

Attachments

• A4F70B7F-52D6-4BD1-B781-6FD1DA2B0537.jpeg
    A4F70B7F-52D6-4BD1-B781-6FD1DA2B0537.jpeg
    560.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 2EDA6A89-A919-4B8B-991E-08EF2B34C967.jpeg
    2EDA6A89-A919-4B8B-991E-08EF2B34C967.jpeg
    758.7 KB · Views: 1
  • A932F09A-7C2C-4527-A8CA-DDE74A41A241.jpeg
    A932F09A-7C2C-4527-A8CA-DDE74A41A241.jpeg
    473.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 057CCA3F-27FA-46C1-9F6B-B4E228FF328E.jpeg
    057CCA3F-27FA-46C1-9F6B-B4E228FF328E.jpeg
    747.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 3B05CFF2-B12E-43EA-9111-1DAD7333E23C.jpeg
    3B05CFF2-B12E-43EA-9111-1DAD7333E23C.jpeg
    644.5 KB · Views: 1
  • F4E1A5CC-A394-431D-8676-C2E25ED7F04B.jpeg
    F4E1A5CC-A394-431D-8676-C2E25ED7F04B.jpeg
    390.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 5B17346C-9D27-452B-A10F-717BDB42FFB7.jpeg
    5B17346C-9D27-452B-A10F-717BDB42FFB7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 7593184D-0705-43A5-AE20-DF8365580091.jpeg
    7593184D-0705-43A5-AE20-DF8365580091.jpeg
    401.9 KB · Views: 1
Thank you Boppo! Nice to meet you too and everyone here has been super helpful and kind. Yeh panic got me up to speed in a lot of chicken saving but I’m still learning and trying to forgive my mistakes. My Lily is very sick and currently resting in my closet. That’s our patient room ❤️‍🩹 have her breathing treatment and that is working perfectly to keep her breathing normal but I think her sour crop was too bad. I fear I will lose her. She liked to give neck hugs with her neck. I posted some pics of my girls. I have 8 Buff Orpingtons all around 2-3 years old. I have a new flock of kids in my upstairs which is 2 wyandottes, 2 naked necks, and 4 Black Stars. Lily is the one looking at her beautiful face in the mirror. We also have cats and two pit bulls.
Forgot to clarify 1 Brahma aka Buff Orpington in practice lol

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Good luck with Lily! I wish her a speedy recovery.

Do you have acidified copper sulfate for her sour crop?

What beautiful ladies you have!:love

Do you have acidified copper sulfate for her sour crop?
Sorry for the second reply, but your introduction was far too touching to ignore. I felt what you felt when you wrote. Please know that you are with a group that feels the same way as you. And what is so beautiful about this group is that there are many members that will stop what they are doing and help others with medical issues. Chickens definitely change ones life, and the first time you have them- this reality is unexpected. Welcome, and enjoy being in "like" company.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom