(Advice much needed) Is green poop, bright and sometimes even dark green poop normal when ducks eat foods like salmon, mussels, and shrimps?

Drowsy_808

Chirping
Aug 29, 2022
She’s been having green poop all day. At first, we didn’t really worry since she was bright and she ate well. She was her picky but cute self and she seemed to be feeling better. Her poop has always been kind of green-ish because of the foods she ate, so it felt normal, but after a lot of consideration and more attention, it kind of seems odd. Her neck seems a little skinner than yesterday too..

I saw some replies in certain posts where many people mentioned green poop could mean the duck isn’t consuming the food at all. Could that be the case? If not, what other possibilities are there?? What could be the cause of this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 2
I don't know ducks, but am trying to help. Green output with green input seems okay, but maybe too fast through the digestive system. What is the other nutrition input to her/their diet?

I don't know ducks, but am trying to help. Green output with green input seems okay, but maybe too fast through the digestive system. What is the other nutrition input to her/their diet?

Right, but salmon, shrimp, and mussels aren’t green, so it’s kind of concerning. Unfortunately, that’s all we’ve been feeding her for the past few days. It was vegetables awhile ago, but we’ve been feeding her salmon, shrimp, and mussels for the past couple of days since her duck feed has yet to arrive.

Why is the board showing me as having said: "Right, but salmon, shrimp, and mussels aren’t green, so it’s kind of concerning. Unfortunately, that’s all we’ve been feeding her for the past few days. It was vegetables awhile ago, but we’ve been feeding her salmon, shrimp, and mussels for the past couple of days since her duck feed has yet to arrive."

I didn't say that.

Why is the board showing me as having said: "Right, but salmon, shrimp, and mussels aren’t green, so it’s kind of concerning. Unfortunately, that’s all we’ve been feeding her for the past few days. It was vegetables awhile ago, but we’ve been feeding her salmon, shrimp, and mussels for the past couple of days since her duck feed has yet to arrive."

I didn't say that.
Oh, no. Sorry, that was my reply.

When do you expect to get duck food? A typical domestic duck does not usually eat seafood, so I'm not sure how their bodies would react.
We’re already ordered it quite awhile ago, but the one she eats needs to be shipped to us, so unfortunately, it’ll take a few more days. It should arrive latest next week Monday.

Oh, I see. Thank you for telling me, I’ll keep that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom