Advice re Roosters, aged 9 months

Does 1 get along with 3? Unfortunately I think you’re going to have to get rid of at least one of them if they are fighting as hard as you say. But if 3 is not challenging 1, and the girls like 1, maybe take 2 away as he sounds like he is the aggressor, especially when he would try to keep the girls away from the food. Maybe the 4 can live in peace…
Thanks so much. That may work but I'd be concerned, especially after what's happened this weekend, if 3 suddenly decided to challenge 1. I wasn't expecting this really so now I'm expecting the unexpected :) 1 does get on with 3 but sometimes I've noticed that 3 suddenly becomes a bit stroppy with the girls, just as 2 does. This afternoon I've had 2 with 3 and the girls with 1 and we've had relative peace. The girls and 1 have now gone to bed and 2 and 3 are shouting and crowing as they want to go in the same coop as them, which is something they have always done. There are two others in the run but they want that one! 1 is also crowing inside the coop as if he wants them in there too. Who knows! Maybe I think the way forward is 1 and the girls and 2 and 3 together separately. We're throwing some ideas around as to the best way to keep them apart so hopefully we can sort it ASAP so we can all relax. Thanks so much for your suggestion. Definitely worth thinking about.

Back
Top Bottom