African or Chinese and male or female?

Almond goose

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 3, 2015
Iowa
Ok so I got two Africans at my local Bomgaars and I had two other Africans (About 2yrs. old ) that I got from Murray McMurray hatchery. So the ones I got from bomgaars look smaller from my other geese when they where that age. I'm also having troubles telling if they are males or females. So if anyone can help me I would be vary grateful.

The first one you see is Storm the second African is Juniper
and the one in the vary back is Buddy my true African

Storm

Storm's best picture he's tooken so far

Juniper

Juniper again

and these pics are for kicks and giggles

Ok so I got two Africans at my local Bomgaars and I had two other Africans (About 2yrs. old ) that I got from Murray McMurray hatchery. So the ones I got from bomgaars look smaller from my other geese when they where that age. I'm also having troubles telling if they are males or females. So if anyone can help me I would be vary grateful.

The first one you see is Storm the second African is Juniper
and the one in the vary back is Buddy my true African

Storm

Storm's best picture he's tooken so far

Juniper

Juniper again

and these pics are for kicks and giggles
@jchny2000

Your geese are beautiful !

I can't really tell if they are male or female, but they are very beautiful birds! Usually the ones that start getting aggressive and protective turn out to be males. My male goose is also dry vocal and makes hissing sounds at me and our dogs, while the female doesn't.

Well after some serious searching and reconsidering I know I have 3 ganders for sure Heidi, Gus and Storm I also know I have one goose as she has layed eggs. but Buddy and Juniper are really confusing me buddy doesn't act like a gander but he?she doesn't act like a goose either. Then Juniper's neck is thicker than storms.

I hate to say this but I think all are 3 males
1f648.png

Well as spring came around I found out that I have 5 males and one female thank you for everyone's help I have decided to keep my favorite gander Heidi and his pal Buddy the two other ganders will find a loving home and ill keep the other two saddle backs as a pair thank you again.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom