Age old question...hens or roos? **Please help!

ohiochickenmom

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 17, 2013
My girls (and I now use that term loosely), are just over 3 months old! The past 3 mornings we have had CROWING! AGH! If I lived in the country, I woukd not care! I've never been one to mind the crowing! I live in town, though, and my neighbors live CLOSE! The culprit seems to know his destiny, though, and stops before I get close enough to see who it is for sure?!? Yesterday, we also heard a 2nd mouth join in (from my flock) on the *fun*!! Can you tell from the pic which chicks (who were all sold as pullets...go figure) is probably the roo(s)?? I have my suspicions, but my kids who witnessed the crowing said neither is the culprit! Thanks!!

Added note** The crowing seems to be definitely coming from one of my Aracaunas.

Last edited:
Based on the feathering, red ear lobes, and comb I would say they are both Roos.
hmm.png
so sorry!

X2

On the last photo I believe I am also seeing pointy saddle feathers (right in front of the tail) and roo-looking pointed green tail feathers.

Sorry... but they are pretty.
smile.png

Ditto all 3 ( I think there are 3 different ones) black and white birds look to be roos, and none look to be Araucanas.

Back
Top Bottom