Aggressive female quail

Thanks everyone i think my poor rooster is going in the frying pan and ill introduce a new one in a new cage and i will deff start w some otster sells as well

Can you clarify where the mounting area is? We have two hens and one roo who have been together since birth, they're about 7 weeks now. When we came home today to check on them both females are bloodied up, 1 along the back top of her leg and a little around the front near her stomach, both are bloody near where they lay... one of their wounds near the top of her leg is very very deep and I have no idea how to wrap it...

Last edited:
Last night I culled an aggressive roo he was attacking a female standing on her back pecking her face and trying to attack me. Have I done the right thing?
Oh you bet you did. If you tolerate any aggression you will soon regret it. Dominance display is different in that they don't hurt each other, just a pecking order thing.

I have an outdoor aviary thats 8 ft by 8ft by 6ft tall. With a coop inside for 4 quails. I bought them at the local flea market very young but the guy said they were all females. Mnow the biggest and darkest is beating up on one of them but they are all scared and skittish. What do i do? Is darla a male? Is that why shes/he is being a bully. Or is it lack of calcium? Thus i havent started them on oyster shells yet

Back
Top Bottom