Aggressive Swedish Flower Hen ... cockerel?

GigiMD

Hatching
Dec 10, 2022
Hilda.jpg

I have four chickens who are now 7 months old - a Swedish Flower Hen (Hilda), a Frizzled Easter Egger, a Silked White Easter Egger and a Plymouth Rock. I raised them from day old chicks. The only one that is aggressive is the Swedish Flower Hen. I have been more aggressive with her lately in response and she's responded somewhat. The Silked White is incredibly sweet and has just started laying eggs, even though I am not providing any artificial light. The Plymouth Rock will also let me pet her when she's getting treats and the Frizzled is friendly. I don't see any pointy hackle or saddle feathers on Hilda and she doesn't crow. She is the loudest chicken but it's not a crow. Can you tell from the photo if she is a cockerel? Thank you!!

Thank you for the quick replies! She (Hilda) pecks hard, turns to aggressively face me if I reach down to pet her, and sometimes lunges at me when I'm filling the food dish, etc. The other chickens are not aggressive at all. Hilda doesn't seem aggressive to the other chickens.

I only ask cause I like to compare your hen to mine. My Swedish flowers don't behave that way. There friendly and non-aggressive, almost pet friendly.

I will get better ones tomorrow. Here are a couple from October but likely not showing what you need.
IMG_6563.jpg

Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_6606.jpg
    IMG_6606.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6609.jpg
    IMG_6609.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 14
She is a pullet. My buff orpington isnt mean to the other chickens but she goes after my hand if she wants food or i have food. Also this happened before she wanted to go broody and now its a habit. Then i have a cinnamon queen that acts just like Hilda. Hope you can figure it out!

Back
Top Bottom