Your air cells actually looked totally fine for this stage. They drop at lockdown. Though I'd definitely recommend calibrating thermometers and hygrometers for future use.

Yup they look totally fine. Ducks need higher humidity. The air cells don't have to be huge. They're such fast hatchers they really don't need big air cells like other species.

Where did you get the eggs? I've had similar issues with eggs from first year hens.
She is a first year. My brother in law hatched mum last year so these are her first babies. We still have 3 left as of this evening. One doesn’t look the best but it’s eaten & drank so only time will tell. The largest one is thriving. All the others seemed a lot smaller than him.

I’m very sorry
Have you checked them for pasty butt
Higher humidity can cause it and it does kill if not cleared
May not be the issue but one that’s easy to check to rule out
We have yes, 2 that have died were eating, drinking & pooping yesterday evening before they died. This is our ducks first babies we have no other hatches to compare to. I’m thinking even though eating and drinking it’s failure to thrive as the bounciest 2 are a lot bigger than the ones that have passed. Still have one smaller weaker one so just hoping it makes it. Teals are doing great!

We have yes, 2 that have died were eating, drinking & pooping yesterday evening before they died. This is our ducks first babies we have no other hatches to compare to. I’m thinking even though eating and drinking it’s failure to thrive as the bounciest 2 are a lot bigger than the ones that have passed. Still have one smaller weaker one so just hoping it makes it. Teals are doing great!
It can happen and sometimes we have no answers
Im praying your other babies continue to do well and the weaker ones get stronger soon

She is a first year. My brother in law hatched mum last year so these are her first babies. We still have 3 left as of this evening. One doesn’t look the best but it’s eaten & drank so only time will tell. The largest one is thriving. All the others seemed a lot smaller than him.
First year can really mess with stuff. My first year pintail hen lost all thirteen of her eggs right at hatch or just after.
What are you feeding them? I'd get some Nutridrench or electrolytes in their water.

First year can really mess with stuff. My first year pintail hen lost all thirteen of her eggs right at hatch or just after.
What are you feeding them? I'd get some Nutridrench or electrolytes in their water.
They have chick crumb, mash and meal worms with added vit b & brewers yeast. Tried giving the weak ones some mushed up egg yolk. Unfortunately another one is dying as we speak. I’m just hoping it just one of them things and won’t happen again. After this one passes I have just 2 of the 7 wood ducks left. Thanks everyone for the advice. Feeling very defeated this morning

Back
Top Bottom