Air sac

welcome-byc.gif

THis is usually seen in shipped eggs but not in non-shipped eggs. One method is to set eggs in paper egg cartons or turner and not turn for 5 days. ALso have the eggs hatch upright in an egg carton prepared by removing some of bottom for ventilation and air flow.

Well All of my eggs are shipped eggs, With the exception of 12 i picked up locally at 2pm yesterday that i put in a few hours later. and i only checked one of the eggs, they were received on weds 02/29 and i did not set them in the incubator until yesterday 03/03 I had them in egg cartons until i set them and only lifted one side up on a book in the morning and switched sides when i got home at night. not alot of turning. But i am now worried about the viability of the eggs. Should i check them all or should i just wait til day 7 or 10 to candle to see what i have?

This is my first time dealing with shipped eggs, all of mine came like this. I am hatching duck eggs (which take 28 days rather than 21). It is day 7 and They are developing very well. I have heard to just put them in egg cartons with the bottoms cut of so that the air cell is still on the top. I hope you have a good hatch :D

Back
Top Bottom