Alabama Chicken and Ducky Parents ☺️☺️😊

@HomesteaderWife
Praise the Lord, up here we got close to an inch or two, if not more!! It was a blessing, I have prayed for snow all winter!! Our chickens were much less happy... at 6:30 most of our hens are up and at em... not that day though! 😂 They politely stayed on the roost longer than usual! Bless their hen hearts..
@Kgroves57 I pray your azaleas are okay!! We didn’t have anything too major out, but we did have some very sad looking buttercups! Haha! 😂

@HomesteaderWife
Nice to meet you!! We have a kitty that “rules the roost” and thinks he owns the whole house. Are your pups good with your livestock? My dad has mentioned wanting a blue heeler, but I don’t know with the birds!
Thank you so for coming to this thread, I hope I didn’t bother anybody by posting it!! ☺

@DuckDuckPromise - We have a former feral adult cat who came to us very pregnant and very wild. All her babies have loving homes including her lovely daughter who is with us. Pizza is the mom, a tortie, and Mozzarella is her tabby calico daughter. Pizza has become a true love bug over time.

One of our two dogs is not good with any other animals at all. He is very high energy, high prey-drive and he is a good companion and a good guard dog. We do also have a Red Heeler and she's good with EVERYTHING basically (except for rats) - she spends her days with our goat actually. Slow introductions, knowing already that she was very good with other animals, were key. She loves cats though these did not grow up with her so they do not like her in return. My cat I had years back when I first got her as a puppy, those two loved eachother. Our chickens have a large run, so she's never interacted with them loose, but she never offers to even go near the coops. I will say, remember heelers are herders. My aunt once had a purebred Australian Shepherd given to her because they couldn't understand why he chased chickens and nipped the heels of people running away from him while playing with him. They thought he was aggressive, but it was herding behavior for him.

I am in Warrior, Al. Do you know anyone who has goslings for sale? I have 33 chickens, 3 geese, 2 ducks, a turkey, 1 cat and 1 dog.
I’m familiar with Warrior, not too distant!
Oh my goodness, 33 chick chicks?! That makes our 6 seem so tiny!
I actually met a lady the other day selling goslings, but I can’t recall her name...
I believe the name of the farm was
Gusty Pine Acres, and I think it’s located in Hartselle, AL!
Maybe give her a try, Lord’s Willing!!!

Back
Top Bottom