ALABAMA!!

Random question/poll. Those of you that got chickens from Chick Days have you gotten eggs yet? I am feeling like the WORST chicken lady in the world because I am still egg free. My mother has gotten some eggs already and she got her chicks a few weeks after me....

I did about a third of them alone. Draw a dose, catch a bird, position so that I could get it's mouth open and hold it with one hand/arm, pick up the syringe, dose the bird, take it to the door and toss it out while keeping the others from rushing out the open door. That took several hours.

DS#3, DH, and I did the rest in about 1 1/2 hours. I pulled the doses, they caught and brought me the birds. That was much faster and easier, although they thought it was easier when I did it alone!

Random question/poll. Those of you that got chickens from Chick Days have you gotten eggs yet? I am feeling like the WORST chicken lady in the world because I am still egg free. My mother has gotten some eggs already and she got her chicks a few weeks after me....

As long as you know you have females, the eggs will come. Try to be patient, the hens operate at their own speed, no matter how frustrating it is for us.

I have 5 female RIRs, 2 ducks--not sure what they are (other than Christmas Dinner), and a rooster. Waiting on eggs is a sure fire way to answer that age old question of which came first. It was no doubt the chicken, because the eggs take sooooooo long

Wisher would u worm my mother in law? She introduced me to the preacher today and said her daughter was my better half. I told the preacher she was my better 2/3

Wisher does not usually take requests, but for you, Dude, I will make an exception.......

I heard a funny joke from one of my co-workers. I wish (there I go again) that I could share it here, but it is not G-rated. I'll have to PM it.....

Got mine mid march, they've been laying 2 months... RIRs usually don't wait that long. But, once they get started, they don't stop. Egg a day sort of thing
lol.png

I picked up a light Brahma at the hardware store(tomtommom fault- wouldn't have done it if she didn't pointed out that they had chicks) around late March and she has not laid the last time I checked(she is living with my parents at present).

Mine are April 17th hatch date and no eggs yet. I am out at the coop many times a day checking for eggs! The wait is awful!
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom