ALABAMA!!

Yes Ive been raising them for about 6 yrs. On really hot days I give them a frozen treat from my garden last year :)

Oh and BTW I have 3 chicks
celebrate.gif
Looks like either blue or black. two have vaulted skulls. Im not sure if they are ones I bought or from my own I prolly shouldn't have hatched them together
idunno.gif

Awesome! Congrats

Yes Ive been raising them for about 6 yrs. On really hot days I give them a frozen treat from my garden last year :)

Last year we cut melons in half and froze them. On the reslly hot days we give them to the birds.
If the price doesn't drop on them this year they will not get them. I had not planted any.

I made a chicken waterer out of a 5 gallon bucket. I freeze water in gallon milk jugs and put one in the bucket everyday. I also have a fan I turn on to cool my two chickens. I wish I could let them run loose in the yard but we have coyotes and hawks to worry about. I told my husband that I wish they made harnesses for chickens so you could walk them around and let them eat. I didn't know that they actually made them. I wonder if I could get my chickens to wear one?

Newbie here from Steele, AL!! Just got my first chickens. 2 silkies, 2 Marans, 2 buff orpington's. I'm sure I will have LOTS of questions!!

Our hawks are terrible too. A fox jogged around our house at noon yesterday. I have a 75 ft sq dog pen I have been taking my chickens out to for supervised free range time. They stay under my feet and I look for bugs and worms with them, they are only 6-7 weeks old. I will never be able to let them be free where I live.

I made a chicken waterer out of a 5 gallon bucket. I freeze water in gallon milk jugs and put one in the bucket everyday. I also have a fan I turn on to cool my two chickens. I wish I could let them run loose in the yard but we have coyotes and hawks to worry about. I told my husband that I wish they made harnesses for chickens so you could walk them around and let them eat. I didn't know that they actually made them. I wonder if I could get my chickens to wear one?

This one is on a turkey poult, but they are made the same as for little dogs. My birds hated it.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom