ALABAMA!!

If anyone is interested, I have some hens and roos for sale, all bantams. I have 1 salmon faverolle roo, 1 light brahma roo, 1 mille fleur(I think) roo, 2 red cochin hens,and 1 partridge cochin hen. All are just about 1 year old. One of the red's is broody right now. I would prefer to sell all the hens together with a rooster. The brahma is a nice bird, and could probably do ok at shows.

Well, I went to the Clanton show, first show for me since the State Fair shows in the 60's.LOL I bought a rooster and two pullets of Old English Silver Duckwing Game Bantams. Good looking birds and a good price. Pics up later. LOTS of weird looking chickens there
ep.gif

will post pics later.

troy

If anyone is interested, I have some hens and roos for sale, all bantams. I have 1 salmon faverolle roo, 1 light brahma roo, 1 mille fleur(I think) roo, 2 red cochin hens,and 1 partridge cochin hen. All are just about 1 year old. One of the red's is broody right now. I would prefer to sell all the hens together with a rooster. The brahma is a nice bird, and could probably do ok at shows.
According to Bing maps there are 2 Knoxvilles in Al. Which county are you? Do you have pics of the mille?

Well, I went to the Clanton show, first show for me since the State Fair shows in the 60's.LOL I bought a rooster and two pullets of Old English Silver Duckwing Game Bantams. Good looking birds and a good price. Pics up later. LOTS of weird looking chickens there
ep.gif

will post pics later.

troy

Aw, now I'm jealous :p

Oh, btw to whoever asked, Mr. Roo turned out to be an Australorp, and my Aussies are JG.... Figures, eh? It took this long for my 'used to be known as Australorps' to grow yellow feet
lol.png
And roo's feet finally turned white. They were kinda yellow as a chick, then slowly faded to pinkish white.

OK, so I have a question for all of you Gulf Coasters on here. I live near the coast myself and as many of us know, during a certain time of the year, the sea grass on the beach is thick as a carpet. So I was wondering... would this sea grass be OK to dry out and feed to my birds? I'm ALL for free or cheap food... so I've been wondering about this... any thoughts?

I have heard of folks using sea weed. We have cut the grass here (north AL) and threw it in right after cutting it. The hens love it.

OK, so I have a question for all of you Gulf Coasters on here. I live near the coast myself and as many of us know, during a certain time of the year, the sea grass on the beach is thick as a carpet. So I was wondering... would this sea grass be OK to dry out and feed to my birds? I'm ALL for free or cheap food... so I've been wondering about this... any thoughts?

Huh, clever. . .never thought about it. So now I'm wondering too?! I would be concerned about the salt. Hopefully someone will chime in about it to help figure it out. Meanwhile, I'll run it by a few folks around here.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom