ALABAMA!!

If anyone has Silkies in the future I'd love to buy a couple.

We are in Tillman's Corner and have six beautiful - and extremely productive - red sex link hens in a custom-built chicken tractor. Over the winter they turned my back yard into a scratched-up checkerboard made up of eight-foot squares. Once spring hit, though, I discovered the true joy of scratched-in chicken poo. My yard has never been so green!
Hello neighbor! Yep, those chicken claws stay busy, but . . .(no pun intended) it pays off in the back end! heehee

wee.gif
I have 3 new ducklings! They had them at the feed store a day early!

Quote: They're mallards. We're hoping they all turn out to be hens. Everytime we pick the ducklings with the lightest bills and feet they've been hens. I'm hoping it works this time too.

Here they are with the 2 game chicks I got from the pen this morning, a RIR chick, and my little survivor of a BA/RIR chick.

I lost my little silkie before it could hatch. It looked like it was going to be a blue and that's one of the colors I wanted. I feel pretty heartbroken over it. I've wanted them since I was a kid.

On a happier note, I have chicks hatching!! My first time incubating and I have five out and hopping around. Their hatch date was tomorrow. Nice surprise when I got home. Gotta loce god's work. My twin 11 year olds were glued to the bator all evening. Had to MAKE them go shower. I hate my 13 yr old is not home to see it. He is in Louisville Kentucky shooting In the National Archery competition. Maybe one or two will hold off till tomorrow night to hatch. I don't know cause they are popping out pretty quick right now.

Back
Top Bottom