ALABAMA!!

Roos alone, will get along much longer than roos with hens.
Faboulous, I knew it would be OK for a while.

But, to note Wisher's (1000) hee hee, point, I have just noticed the roos starting to "sit" with the few hens in the bunch, trying to separate out, if you will, there ladies.....so interesting. Just gonna have to keep a real close eye on them for the next few months.

Trouble is, I must go on a vacation with DH, in August, to celebrate our 10th anniversary 2 years to late, to Alaska.
Gotta have this figured out by then, so who ever we can find to house sit, dog sit, chicken sit, will not be overwhelmed if mayhen and massacre set's out. Alot to do and think about.....

Last edited:
Hi Silkiemomma! So happy your back on BYC! 
How nice you found some turkey poults! You will love them! You should take pics of your garden and put them on. 
We are loving the nice weather! My chickens are laying around panting like crazy even in the shade in the afternoon....
They have plenty of shade but I feel bad for them. 
i certainly will have to post some pictures of the garden it has kept us broke, homebound and busy, but is doing so well. The entire front yard on one side is sweet corn. We do all hand tilling and plowing. We plant biodynamically when able and organic when not. It's been a lot of fun. It's our first garden in Alabama the others were all in Tennessee. Brought a lot of seeds with us, the transition has been smooth. :) the garlic and tomatoes are Doug especially great..planted a small garden for the chickens with kale, spinach, rainbow chard, and.romaine. they've gotten a few treats out of it. theyve been impressed!

i certainly will have to post some pictures of the garden it has kept us broke, homebound and busy, but is doing so well. The entire front yard on one side is sweet corn. We do all hand tilling and plowing. We plant biodynamically when able and organic when not. It's been a lot of fun. It's our first garden in Alabama the others were all in Tennessee. Brought a lot of seeds with us, the transition has been smooth.
smile.png
the garlic and tomatoes are Doug especially great..planted a small garden for the chickens with kale, spinach, rainbow chard, and.romaine. they've gotten a few treats out of it. theyve been impressed!
Sound awesome! I look forward to seeing the pics! I don't know how in the world you do all the hand tilling and plowing.
Organic is very nice! I don't know anything about biodynamic gardening. How sweet that you planted for your little chickies!
bun.gif

I really would trade my evil Australorp in.

I have two Australorp roos that I'd love to get rid of, too. Mine seem so rough with the hens, but these are my first chickens so I don't know what's normal. On the other hand, they are protective of the hens, one especially.

Got my Easter Eggers a week ago. I can't believe how much they have grown in 1 week. And I can't beleive I haven't done this before now. I do love my chickens already :)

Got my Easter Eggers a week ago. I can't believe how much they have grown in 1 week. And I can't beleive I haven't done this before now. I do love my chickens already :)

OMG! They are cute!!! Congrats on your new additions and welcome to the group!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom