ALABAMA!!

Does this look right?

By the way, this little funny chicken is sitting on my lap doing a long chirp song that I swear almost sounds like a cat purring.
Yes, that's good.
thumbsup.gif

Each time you change it, you'll need to cut out a new splint. (soiled etc.) It will start to feel better to her. She will probably start "landing", standing on it in 24 to 48 hours.
fl.gif

Very good job
celebrate.gif
and if you need to add add'l tape, OK. Try to use the white or tan "Paper", like, tape so you don't pull feathers or skin off if you can avoid it. So happy for you both!!!! And yes, she will be your "baby" too!!!! heehee~~~~~~~ So glad you posted
hugs.gif

Yes, that's good.
thumbsup.gif

Each time you change it, you'll need to cut out a new splint. (soiled etc.) It will start to feel better to her. She will probably start "landing", standing on it in 24 to 48 hours.
fl.gif

Very good job
celebrate.gif
and if you need to add add'l tape, OK. Try to use the white or tan "Paper", like, tape so you don't pull feathers or skin off if you can avoid it. So happy for you both!!!! And yes, she will be your "baby" too!!!! heehee~~~~~~~ So glad you posted
hugs.gif
Hey, don't forget the yogurt or buttermilk, she'll love it, once she gets the taste of it. May need to crumble a little bread/cracker crumbs in it at first. Caution, she'll sling/shake it every where, beak smacking good!!!
droolin.gif

Well, Sunday is going to be fun. My friend finally has the time to throw a baby shower for me (she's 16 so she's been focused on school like she should be. The 6 year difference in age throws most people off.
lol.png
) and I get to see friends that haven't seen in awhile. I'm looking forward to it since the past couple of weeks have been hectic.
Hey Razadia, in case I miss you this weekend, have lots of fun Sunday at your baby shower! How sweet that your friend is hosting it....so thoughtful. Let's us know how things go. Take care of yourself and baby too.
celebrate.gif

Ok guys need some help. Hubby just adopted a baby bunny he found in the yard. We think mom was the rabbit we found deceased yesterday. I know zero about rabbits. This one is small, fits well within the palm of my hand. Is he big enough to eat on his own or do I need to bottle feed? I don't have any lettuce on hand right now. Gave him some chicken scratch. Can he eat that? Also poor thing is covered in ticks. Anything I can do about that? Any help or suggestions is really appreciated. Thanks....Robin

Ok guys need some help. Hubby just adopted a baby bunny he found in the yard. We think mom was the rabbit we found deceased yesterday. I know zero about rabbits. This one is small, fits well within the palm of my hand. Is he big enough to eat on his own or do I need to bottle feed? I don't have any lettuce on hand right now. Gave him some chicken scratch. Can he eat that? Also poor thing is covered in ticks. Anything I can do about that? Any help or suggestions is really appreciated. Thanks....Robin
Rabbits love dog food and it is good for them! Do not give him lettuce it kill him! They get gas and they cannot pass the gas. If it fits in the palm of your hand it is old enough to eat solid food. Our bunny used to boot her young out in 4-5 weeks so she could have the next litter. And you can give it a bath and take the ticks off with tweezers.

Well, Sunday is going to be fun. My friend finally has the time to throw a baby shower for me (she's 16 so she's been focused on school like she should be. The 6 year difference in age throws most people off.
lol.png
) and I get to see friends that haven't seen in awhile. I'm looking forward to it since the past couple of weeks have been hectic.
Have lots of fun Razadia and I hope you get ton's of stuff for the baby!
yippiechickie.gif

How is the little bunny? The biggest thing in its diet should be fresh clean hay and water. Here is some info http://www.petfinder.com/pet-care/rabbit-care/basic-rabbit-care/

The poor little bunny seems to being ok except for being scared as he can be! He's in my chicks first little coop that they outgrew so he's got access to grass etc etc and he's relatively protected from predators. Ive given him A bowl of water and a bowl of puppy chow but I'm not sure if he's eating and drinking yet. Hopefully I'll be able to tell in the am. He looks very sweet I really hope he'll be ok.

Back
Top Bottom