ALABAMA!!

Hi I was wondering if anyone had any chicks for sale? I would really be interested in brahmas, marans, or even EEs. I live in north Alabama. I would be getting several for myself, sister and mom. Please let me know what you have and the price. Thanks!

We had good news yesterday and our pullets that were hatched in late March layed their first egg. I think it was a White Leghorn. It was a white egg. we also have Red Sex Links and Australorps. Two of the Leghorns combs have turned red and one of them has a large comb that has started to flop over. Do the Australorps or Red Sex Links Lay eggs?

My Granddaughter was thrilled and took it inside to Grandmother. She wanted to know who dropped it.

We had good news yesterday and our pullets that were hatched in late March layed their first egg. I think it was a White Leghorn. It was a white egg. we also have Red Sex Links and Australorps. Two of the Leghorns combs have turned red and one of them has a large comb that has started to flop over. Do the Australorps or Red Sex Links Lay eggs? My Granddaughter was thrilled and took it inside to Grandmother. She wanted to know who dropped it.
That is great! And how funny that your Granddaughter wanted to know who dropped it! lol
I am still only gettting 2-3 eggs a day our of 13 hens! They have not been laying long. And they are still laying pullet size eggs. But one hen is laying a jumbo egg 3 gr! I was shocked!
big_smile.png

I have two Australorps, they lay a medium/large brown egg.

I get 6 eggs a day out of my 9 birds. Today is the first day I got 8 eggs! I am getting one cream colored egg, which is really weird.. all my birds are -supposed- to be brown egg layers *laugh*

I have two patridge rocks, two white rocks, two Australorps, two hatchery Rhode island reds and a single Jersey giant. I am wondering if the Jersey is laying cream eggs. I only got one like that yesterday and today.. and she is one of the youngest. I have watched my white rocks lays eggs, theirs are light brown, the partridge lay a medium brown, the reds lay a brown egg for sure... the only ones that lay Ninja eggs are the black birds (Australorp and JG). I have yet to actually watch them lay. I know they have layed some, but I never catch them in the nest box.

I have two Australorps, they lay a medium/large brown egg.

I get 6 eggs a day out of my 9 birds. Today is the first day I got 8 eggs! I am getting one cream colored egg, which is really weird.. all my birds are -supposed- to be brown egg layers *laugh*

I have two patridge rocks, two white rocks, two Australorps, two hatchery Rhode island reds and a single Jersey giant. I am wondering if the Jersey is laying cream eggs. I only got one like that yesterday and today.. and she is one of the youngest. I have watched my white rocks lays eggs, theirs are light brown, the partridge lay a medium brown, the reds lay a brown egg for sure... the only ones that lay Ninja eggs are the black birds (Australorp and JG). I have yet to actually watch them lay. I know they have layed some, but I never catch them in the nest box.
I have a few light colored eggs here and there. But I think it may be because they are just starting to lay? Not sure though.
I have 5 Australorp hens, 1 Brown Leghorn hen, 7 EE hens and only getting 2-3 eggs a day. And they are all 20 wks and older now? They are getting layer feed, Oyster shells, and grit and all kinds of scraps.

Quote:
Troy - I was just given a Barred Rock rooster by a friend who needed to find him a new home. I named him Rocky. He is so pretty but hasn't quite gotten his mojo working yet. He has his big boy crow worked out but still steals treats from the hens instead of finding it and calling them over. I've seen him try to mount a couple of the older girls but his technique leaves a lot to be desired. He's just about 16 weeks old. How long should it take for him to mature and work this whole thing out?

I have a few light colored eggs here and there. But I think it may be because they are just starting to lay? Not sure though.
I have 5 Australorp hens, 1 Brown Leghorn hen, 7 EE hens and only getting 2-3 eggs a day. And they are all 20 wks and older now? They are getting layer feed, Oyster shells, and grit and all kinds of scraps.

I just found some pics of JG eggs that are the same color.. so I guess it's my Jersey.

That is good! I am starting all over again with 12 Buff Orps, 5 Welsummers, 2 Splash pullets I had bought 10 turkey but am down to 4! And I have more eggs on their way! So excited! I have 9 eggs in the bator hatch day is today and so far I have one that hatched and one pipping now! I love my babies!

Troy - I was just given a Barred Rock rooster by a friend who needed to find him a new home. I named him Rocky. He is so pretty but hasn't quite gotten his mojo working yet. He has his big boy crow worked out but still steals treats from the hens instead of finding it and calling them over. I've seen him try to mount a couple of the older girls but his technique leaves a lot to be desired. He's just about 16 weeks old. How long should it take for him to mature and work this whole thing out?

it won't take him long to figure it out, Mother Nature has her ways.....fun watching them figure it out though....

my Mille fleur rooster gets all out of shape when I pick up and pet any of the hens and struts up to me. He forgets about that last step and falls out the door half the time..........

Back
Top Bottom