ALABAMA!!

I have decided to sell a few. I have one White Rock(10), 1 Silver laced Wyandotte(12), and one Columbian Wyandotte(10). They are all laying and are not quite a year old. I am in the Arab area.

Last edited:
Welcome to all the new folks!

Running behind, we sure are glad to have all these new folks on this great AL thread, welcome!

Brother, woke up yesterday, off ventilator today holding steady, great news! Thanks for all the prayers and support!

North! To Alaska, Go North The Rush Is On! Miss ya'll, be back 8-14. Chirp

Last edited:
Running behind, we sure are glad to have all these new folks on this great AL thread, welcome!

Brother, woke up yesterday, off ventilator today holding steady, great news! Thanks for all the prayers and support!

North! To Alaska, Go North The Rush Is On! Miss ya'll, be back 8-14. Chirp

So good to hear! Y'all hang on in there.

Help! I went out to feed and noticed one of my Black Australorp girls has a swollen eye! I don't know what to do! It's so swollen her beak is misaligned. Is there anything I can do to help her or should I have DH put her down?

It looks like she has an abcess. I would try and clean it with some boiled water and treat it with some triple antibiotic ointment. It may pop on it's own.. or it's a tumor (had those with my pet rats before). Things like that can go down in a matter of days.

Also try and see if there's something in the eye or cheek... May just be a bee sting. They try to eat anything that moves afterall.

Wouldn't give up too quickly.

I forgot what I came here for!

Does anyone know some blue/green/olive egger pullets for sale? I want to get 2-3 birds with an unusual egg. I'd like to see the eggs from the birds in question. Willing to drive some ways (B'ham, Clanton, Pell city, Bessemer.. that circle)

I prefer birds that already lay, it's ok if they just started.

Last edited:
Chicken math struck again, lol! Got 4 new birds today: white frizzle, white silkie, BR & gold laced cochin. Gonna pick up 2 lavender orp's next week & should be done creating our flock!

Help! I went out to feed and noticed one of my Black Australorp girls has a swollen eye! I don't know what to do! It's so swollen her beak is misaligned. Is there anything I can do to help her or should I have DH put her down?

There are several things this could be. First, separate her from the rest of the flock. Then get some warm water and cotton or Q-tips and see if you can very gently remove some of the crust on the eyelid. If possible, look at the eyeball under that lid. If it is okay, look into her mouth and see if there is a puncture or abcess inside her mouth on that side. Then leave her alone for a while. If you can, keep her in the house or garage so you can observe her. If she is eating and drinking, just let her rest there for a while to see if it gets better or worse.

Back
Top Bottom