ALABAMA!!

Make sure to show a copy of the letter to the zoning officer and verify that you are within your rights and the law. Check with the local law enforcement agency and make sure they agree. Do this before you move your birds. If you move them, it appears you think they are right.

I think I would assemble all the documentation (copies of the zoning map, zoning ordinance, photo's of your facilities and the farms nearby, statements from your neighbors, vet, NPIP inspector, etc.) and provide them with a copy. Then let them know that if they try to steam roll you and lose, you will exercise your right to keep all other legal animals and will do so in the most evident and public way you can possibly do it. In the front yard, for example. Let them know that you are telling your story and showing your documentation to anyone and everyone in the area (or looking to buy in the area) and pointing out that this is how they deal with potential customers. Also mention that since it appears you are well within the scope of the law and they are suing anyway, you consider it malicious prosecution and will seek damages for your time, expense, loss of income, and emotional distress. An ad in the local newspaper, or on a popular local website, outlining your dilemma might get their attention, as well.......

Don't fold a good hand, girl, stand up for yourself.

Make sure to show a copy of the letter to the zoning officer and verify that you are within your rights and the law. Check with the local law enforcement agency and make sure they agree.  Do this before you move your birds.  If you move them, it appears you think they are right.

I think I would assemble all the documentation (copies of the zoning map, zoning ordinance, photo's of your facilities and the farms nearby, statements from your neighbors, vet, NPIP inspector, etc.) and provide them with a copy.  Then let them know that if they try to steam roll you and lose, you will exercise your right to keep all other legal animals and will do so in the most evident and public way you can possibly do it.  In the front yard, for example.  Let them know that you are telling your story and showing your documentation to anyone and everyone in the area (or looking to buy in the area) and pointing out that this is how they deal with potential customers.  Also mention that since it appears you are well within the scope of the law and they are suing anyway, you consider it malicious prosecution and will seek damages for your time, expense, loss of income, and emotional distress.  An ad in the local newspaper, or on a popular local website, outlining your dilemma might get their attention, as well.......

Don't fold a good hand, girl, stand up for yourself.

Cricketsfarm.....
Wow, the nerve of those neighbors! Wisher is spot on! We are all rooting, crowing, and clucking for you! :thumbsup Oh, I've been away for a bit, but wanted to say Welcome to AL- BYC thread...:highfive:
Chirp

Last edited:
I need a silkie rooster the one I have is to old to breed . I live in Bangor right down the road from cullman let me know what you want for a silkie rooster and how to get to your house and look at what you have to sale. DK

I have finally finished my coop and have my run enclosed. Next step.. feed and a few chickens. First things first, what do yall recommend as far as feed for laying hens. I have seen several different recommendations online, but I would like some input from local folks. Secondly, im looking for 3-4 laying hens (breed not important, just want good, tasty eggs) . I am located near Cullman, and am in Birmingham every day.

Welcome Auburnfan99 (Roll Tide, BTW) We are happy to have you here on BYC and especially on the Alabama!! thread. We would love to see pics of your coop and birds when you get them. I am probably too far away from you now, but we have been in Cullman for the past three weekends for cross country meets. Those are over now. Let me know, though, if you don't find any and I will see if I can help you.

I have finally finished my coop and have my run enclosed. Next step.. feed and a few chickens. First things first, what do yall recommend as far as feed for laying hens. I have seen several different recommendations online, but I would like some input from local folks. Secondly, im looking for 3-4 laying hens (breed not important, just want good, tasty eggs) . I am located near Cullman, and am in Birmingham every day.
Amy Latta has laying hens in blountville. (205) 429-4877

welcome-byc.gif

We just feed Purina from the local Tractor Supply. I'm just a lazy bum like that. There's a few places that mill their own.

Back
Top Bottom