ALABAMA!!

Yeah, it was a big mixed bin... definitely more than a few breeds. Dangit, now I am itching to go check it out
lol.png

No! No chickies.. Only got one heat plate and the 4 week old ones are under it, outside. Do. Not. Need. Chickies. I need chickoholics anonymous meetings... It's just so hard to have a bunch of chicks and KNOWING they're almost all boys.
he.gif

Anyway, in random news... I get outside this afternoon and I see two chicks running around outside the coop.... Not sure what that was all about. Didn't see how the heck they could've gotten out
roll.png
Hope it's a fluke and they learned their lesson. Ofcourse it was my one possible-pullet running out and about. I would be SO mad if she got killed. Bad enough to raise mostly boys.

Hey North Alabama,
Tennessee Valley Women in Ag are having their annual Farm and Fleece Day Saturday, March 29th. Free to the community to enter. Kids activities, animals to see and pet and a seed swap are part of the activities! Also, in the back will be a Small Livestock Swap and Sale! Participants (those with animals to swap and sale) had to preregister, but if you are looking for some rabbits, goats and chicks...this will be the place to be! We are trying to make this a "regular" Spring and Summer event at various locations throughout North Alabama. It will be held at the Agribition Center, 4925 Moores Mill Road in Huntsville from 10am-3pm. Come on out if you can! Hope to see everyone there! ;)

Crickett check us out on Facebook in the next week and we will post the next Swap we schedule! Hopefully you will be able to make the next one! Pass the word if you would. We are just getting started and want to make this a regular event during Spring and Summer, but we need enough interest to make it work!

Do you sell quail? If so what breeds? I am looking for someone close to purchase from. I live about 40 miles north of Bham.

What type of quails are you looking for? I have coturnix and I think huntinwindow has bobwhites.
I think there is another person in Spingville that breed coturnix. Which is probably closer to you. Have to think of who it was.

Knew of someone around Elmont that sold quail, but I will have to check and see if he still does. Not sure how far that would be for you. Also, this weekends Small Livestock Swap and Sale in Huntsville may have someone that sells quail. :)

If anyone has small animals (quail, chickens, small goats, rabbits, etc) that they would like to sell at our next swap, just go to our Facebook page and we will post the next date and location and registration information. It will be someone around the Huntsville area!

Last edited:
What type of quails are you looking for? I have coturnix and I think huntinwindow has bobwhites.
I think there is another person in Spingville that breed coturnix. Which is probably closer to you. Have to think of who it was.
Springville would be great. I am looking for the Coturnix and maybe some A&M's. If you can remember who it was please let me know. Springville is only about 10 miles from me so that would be most convenient.

Knew of someone around Elmont that sold quail, but I will have to check and see if he still does. Not sure how far that would be for you. Also, this weekends Small Livestock Swap and Sale in Huntsville may have someone that sells quail. :)

If anyone has small animals (quail, chickens, small goats, rabbits, etc) that they would like to sell at our next swap, just go to our Facebook page and we will post the next date and location and registration information. It will be someone around the Huntsville area!
Huntsville is not too far. But with kids playing soccer and what not, I barely have time to leave the house for anything other than that and work. Hoping this summer I can get out and check out a few things. Really would like to meet folks that are breeding the quail and see their set ups etc. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom