ALABAMA!!

Check Facebook, " Alabama Back Yard Chicken and Poultry Association", Bama Poultry & Egg Swap" to name a couple. You will be able to find many breeders in your area, don't rush into a purchase. Take your time and get what you really want.

HI! Thank you for the warm welcome!! I am looking for some easter eggers, Rhode island reds other than those two. I am not going to be picky, there are so many beautiful birds I just love them all. A nice temperament would be a plus. We have completed out coop this weekend, needs only to be grounded for the electric fencing. We got pushed out because the rain got to heavy. I would prefer a lil older, dont have to be laying yet. But old and big enough not to need a heat lamp. I am not set up for that as of yet. But I am excited to learn more. I have looked in many places online and cant find anything but baby chick or hatching eggs, which sound adorable and fun, just not what suites us at this time. I am in Dekalb County, i am not sure how far Tuscaloosa but I am wiling to travel some, are you ever put near this way? maybe if you are we can meet half way?? I would like to start with 6-9 chickens
thanks for reading and your help!!

Hello, again, it's Wisher (Tuscaloosa County, west on Hwy 82 toward Mississippi.) I have about twenty that are in the process of being weaned off of their heat lamp right now. They are 2 1/2 weeks old and depending on the weather, should be off heat completely at 4-5 weeks. At these prices, I can't deliver them, sorry.

I have very sad news
sad.png
during the storm last night my ducks decided to go swimming. This morning I found all three of them drowned.
sad.png

OH NO!! I'm so sorry to hear that. I know you are devastated.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Thanks, again, Dragonfly, you are too kind. I'm glad you are happy with your babies.

Check Facebook, " Alabama Back Yard Chicken and Poultry Association", Bama Poultry & Egg Swap" to name a couple. You will be able to find many breeders in your area, don't rush into a purchase. Take your time and get what you really want.

I agree, don't get anything that you are not happy with. Also, don't get more of one kind than you really want. It is hard to leave them behind but having a plan, and sticking to it, will be better in the long run.

I'd also like to know of any hatcheries around Huntsville area.
I'm new to chickens. I bought 6 at the local Tractor supply (idk if that was smart lol) we ended up with 4 hens and 2 roosters.
I'd like to add more but not sure how or when to introduce chicks? The ones I have are almost 3 months old. Can someone tell me the best way to add to the flock?

Hopefully the little ones will be able to fight it off and get well. Enjoy your birds Tomtom.
I do not take my birds to sales or go to swaps. And I have become very picky about who or where I get my birds from. I did buy some roosters once and kept them in quarantine till I sold them. And now that I have new chicks I am building new pens for them. So my hens will get to keep their coop that was built for them.

I've always avoided swaps and auctions.. seems it mattered none
roll.png

I got vetRx in the mail today and Worminator.. we put drops of both in the adults throat. Don't think it's gapeworm, but it can't hurt. The babies are too young for the Worminator, did give them some vetRX in their water. I think they'll be ok.. it's just like a bad cold.

fl.gif

I don't want anyone to suffer. But honestly, it seems like it's just a nuisance and not causing them any real distress.

I have very sad news
sad.png
during the storm last night my ducks decided to go swimming. This morning I found all three of them drowned.
sad.png

So sorry to hear that
sad.png

I'd also like to know of any hatcheries around Huntsville area.
I'm new to chickens. I bought 6 at the local Tractor supply (idk if that was smart lol) we ended up with 4 hens and 2 roosters.
I'd like to add more but not sure how or when to introduce chicks? The ones I have are almost 3 months old. Can someone tell me the best way to add to the flock?
hi harvest family. Glad u found us and welcome. I havnt heard of hatcheries around huntsville. From what ive read its better to buy from a trusted person. Wisher1000 is about 2 hours away from u. She has a great reputation for having great chicks and hatching eggs. She usually checks in here every day. She has quite a few for sale now. There is another person in ur area looking for chicks too. Maybe yall could carpool or something.

Wisher, thank you so much. I understand about the driving, you are about 2.5 hours from me. that is a haul....but I am having problems finding what I want around here. I am not from here, a transplant from NJ so I don't know alot of people. Please let me know when yours are heat lamp weaned. I might come down there! Would they be ok in a drive that far? may I ask a few questions....is it unusual not to want a Rooster? Im not ready to breed and really just want pretty chickens that lay pretty eggs. I may have to rethink the baby chick idea, or am I looking in the wrong time of year?? very frustrated.....thanks for your help!!

I've always avoided swaps and auctions.. seems it mattered none
roll.png

I got vetRx in the mail today and Worminator.. we put drops of both in the adults throat. Don't think it's gapeworm, but it can't hurt. The babies are too young for the Worminator, did give them some vetRX in their water. I think they'll be ok.. it's just like a bad cold.

fl.gif

I don't want anyone to suffer. But honestly, it seems like it's just a nuisance and not causing them any real distress.

So sorry to hear that
sad.png
hugs.gif
fl.gif

hi harvest family. Glad u found us and welcome. I havnt heard of hatcheries around huntsville. From what ive read its better to buy from a trusted person. Wisher1000 is about 2 hours away from u. She has a great reputation for having great chicks and hatching eggs. She usually checks in here every day. She has quite a few for sale now. There is another person in ur area looking for chicks too. Maybe yall could carpool or something.

Thanks I'll be in touch with her!!

You're welcome, Wisher! Like I said before, I like to give good reviews when I get good services or products, and your chickens are amazing! I love my babies,I just can't believe how big they are already! Thank you so much, and I'll definitely be getting more here in a month or two, if you're still hatching then. I'm thinking most of my Black Orpingtons are boys, but I'm no sexing expert :)

My nipple water system doesn't seem to be leaking anywhere but their bedding gets wet very fast still somehow so I have a problem to figure out
he.gif
It doesn't help that my run has not been built yet because hubby keeps putting it off so the poor things haven't even been outside yet. Cleaning soaked stinky bedding is no fun!

Has anyone else had trouble finding pine shavings at their local TSC? I keep checking at mine but they didn't have it and said there's a shortage throughout the whole chain store.

My 6 big boys are getting feisty too! They aren't as bad on me but pecked a good spot on my husbands leg that bled. They mostly peck my toes from the holes in my rubber shoes. I still can't tell if either of my RIR little ones are pullets or roos.

Back
Top Bottom