ALABAMA!!

thumbsup.gif

I wanted to do that with the two copperheads (or well, "coppers", as the heads were triple bagged in the trash) hubby killed last summer, but he wouldn't let me.

The next day, it seemed like such a waste, so I gave it to the pullet / hen pen. Not for the squeamish, but they had a good time with it!

@Peanutsmom -- you can see 5 little orps in there as well livin large with the big girls. There's young Dorkings in there as well.
That is cool. Wish my chickens would do that but the last time I threw a caterpillar in their bowl they ran away I can't even imagine throwing them a dead snake.

Sounds like a raccoon....I'm sorry!
That's what I was thinking. I saw one run across the road about a quarter mile from us over a month ago, but hadn't seen it since. Some lumber company is destroying the woods close to us. They're running up coyotes, raccoons, opossums, and I even had a bobcat try to stalk our little stray kitten weeks ago. Blu was, thankfully, outside when it happened. It was his first time seeing one. Didn't even know what it was till he described it to me.

The next day, it seemed like such a waste, so I gave it to the pullet / hen pen. Not for the squeamish, but they had a good time with it!

@Peanutsmom -- you can see 5 little orps in there as well livin large with the big girls. There's young Dorkings in there as well.

0.jpg

Thank goodness for husbands with hoes! Wait, that sounds all kinds of wrong. LOL!! So glad your chickens had a good time with that snake.

Keeping my fingers crossed that at least two of those baby BBS Orps are pullets. Thanks for sharing this video!

0.jpg
Nice! My husband threw the snake in a trash can with the bedding. We don't have enough yard to compost all that unfortunately. Anyway, he threw the snake in there for days too.. so we had little maggots on the lid and he turned it over for them to feast on last night.

My chicks shipped yesterday and they aren't here today.. it only took one day last time
fl.gif
Kids were disappointed like me. I guess my poor broody has to wait yet another day to become a mommy.

Well it seems they did make it to the PO just later. I went to pick them up and when we opened I found a problem... I hope you guys have seen this before and can tell me what it is and what to do. One chick has some type of goo stuff on her head... looks like egg BUT it's smooth and hard coating over her head and one of her eyes are partially closed because of it. I tried a damp cloth but it wouldn't budge. That's her in the middle.

and a closer one.. I know kind of blurry I forgot how hard it is to take pictures of chicks!

I know I need some marbles something in the water.. about to do that just busy homeschooling kids at the same time and I used up all the marbles in their big waterer outside with Broody Betty
hmm.png

Here's my 9 2 White Rocks, 2 BA, and 5 EE Love that I got more of a variety with the EE's this time!

Back
Top Bottom