ALABAMA!!

Gotta mark my spot.
wink.png

Razadia, I can't say. It looks like you have chickens is that true. Is this chickens for him? Does he say why?

DW says she won't take care of the chickens so it's all on me. Though she will if I go south. When I'm here no. She def won't clean them.
I do. I've got 7 hens at the moment. That's just the thing though. They're mine and not his, but I'm still subject to the rules he's put in place on my chickens for some reason. Suddenly, when I have a chance to make money off of them, they become his chickens. I pay for feed. I hatch them when I have a roo. I do everything, except feeding them in the morning when he feeds all the other animals, which I also buy feed for.

I do. I've got 7 hens at the moment. That's just the thing though. They're mine and not his, but I'm still subject to the rules he's put in place on my chickens for some reason. Suddenly, when I have a chance to make money off of them, they become his chickens. I pay for feed. I hatch them when I have a roo. I do everything, except feeding them in the morning when he feeds all the other animals, which I also buy feed for.

Are you a minor? Sometimes we have to wait to leave home to do some of the things we want. Though it can be hard for parents to realize they're kids have grown and are now adults and should be treated as such.

Do you pay rent?

I know it's hard for adults to sometimes realize kids should be treated with respect like they would adults. This doesn't mean giving kids everything they want, just that we should set the example.

I've never been a big fan of "Do as I say and not as I do". That's just hypocritical.

My wife always keeps me in check when she says, "isn't that why we've worked so hard?" "So they could have better than we did?" I've had to learn to support my kids and their dreams. Even when I don't agree. After all isn't that what I wished my mother did?

Gotta go, DD and hers are moving back in so I'll have to practice what I've just preached to you.
old.gif
I want to be able to make them feel this is their home too. Jesus help me!

Quote:
Are you a minor? Sometimes we have to wait to leave home to do some of the things we want. Though it can be hard for parents to realize they're kids have grown and are now adults and should be treated as such.

Do you pay rent?

I know it's hard for adults to sometimes realize kids should be treated with respect like they would adults. This doesn't mean giving kids everything they want, just that we should set the example.

I've never been a big fan of "Do as I say and not as I do". That's just hypocritical.

My wife always keeps me in check when she says, "isn't that why we've worked so hard?" "So they could have better than we did?" I've had to learn to support my kids and their dreams. Even when I don't agree. After all isn't that what I wished my mother did?

Gotta go, DD and hers are moving back in so I'll have to practice what I've just preached to you.
old.gif
I want to be able to make them feel this is their home too. Jesus help me!
Good luck! I actually moved back in with my parents to help them out with things they either can't do or don't have time to do. I'm turning 25 Tuesday so it's not a matter of being a minor. It's just dad being dad and forgetting that I'm not a kid anymore.

Good luck! I actually moved back in with my parents to help them out with things they either can't do or don't have time to do. I'm turning 25 Tuesday so it's not a matter of being a minor. It's just dad being dad and forgetting that I'm not a kid anymore.

You always stay a kid, even when you're 50. Parents do that
lol.png

Perhaps you can enlist the help of a family friend. Aunt o Uncle. If you pay rent then things should be a little more lenient or tell them you have to move out. I hope you have a happy birthday. Do you have a plan?

You've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?

One of my daughters planned to be a lawyer but that didn't suit her so she became a teacher. Now they live in TX. She's a planner and has a plan on what she wants and how she's going to get it.

Of course it meant bringing her back from Virginia twice before she realized she didn't belong there, but such is life. One time she planned and got accepted to ODU. Got down there, got sick and we brought her home. She regrouped and moved to Buffalo University. Then moved to Buffalo State University. Graduated with honors.

If you have a dream go for it. Your parents will survive. We did. Don't be afraid to fail. Lots of folks do before they succeed.

You always stay a kid, even when you're 50. Parents do that
lol.png
This is true, but we can be taught. I've learned to let go. You can't control your kids lives. I think many times about how I would have wanted to be taught and treated.

"Be the kind of parent YOU wish you had". Is my motto. Wish is partly why no matter how crazy the dream let 'em go for it. We're not always going to be around. Letting them live their lives can be comforting to know they'll be able to stand once we're gone.

I can admit to a lot of failed dreams. When I was a kid I either wanted to be a vet or a horse trainer. Now I just own a horse, which was also a childhood dream. I wanted to be a storyboarder for video games, but I let my art slip too far. I want to build and sell game based armor, but that's not possible at the moment so I keep it in mind and never forget it.

My current dream and the one I've had the longest is to raise chickens. The only problem is that dad has for some reason put a breed restriction on me. RIR only. I consider myself lucky to have a dom and BA. I want a little more veriety. Which he won't let me have.

Ok, I just have to share some happy news. I just candled the eggs in the incubator and most of them are growing. I have three that were questionable but I left them just in case. O happy day! And to boot, I came out to the barn and found my silkie hen is broody. I knew she was getting close and today she became very upset when I checked under her. I may let her raise some of the babies.... She is in with only one other hen and an older Rooster who is very very tolerant of babies. I will give her a couple more days to make dead sure but then.... These eggs will be Valentine babies....

Ok, I just have to share some happy news. I just candled the eggs in the incubator and most of them are growing. I have three that were questionable but I left them just in case. O happy day! And to boot, I came out to the barn and found my silkie hen is broody. I knew she was getting close and today she became very upset when I checked under her. I may let her raise some of the babies.... She is in with only one other hen and an older Rooster who is very very tolerant of babies. I will give her a couple more days to make dead sure but then.... These eggs will be Valentine babies....
That's awesome! Good luck!

Girls are getting big! Also getting a lot done on the coop.

Our friendliest EE. The most friendly is a BR though, and I think we may have an Australorp that is a roo... Thick legs, no tailfeather development, and likes to referee the others.

Got our coop "people" door done tonight:

Back
Top Bottom