ALABAMA!!

Quote:
I don't understand that at all Raz. None of those birds ever ate any of their eggs here even if I did not collect them for a few days trying to see if one would go broody. Is your protein high enough? You might try getting some turkey delight and giving it to them as a treat. I always did, it has much more in it than the grain.
I may have to do that. She only did it that one time and she lays almost daily since then. I make sure she's got free choice oyster shell. They all get 19% gamebird feed. They also get scratch as a treat.
Raz I was feeding them the gamebird or showbird plus the turkey delight and I also bought and gave them oats and wheat and sprouted black oil sunflower seeds mixed with the oat and wheat for them. With all that they seemed happy and grew and filled out beautifuly! And really with all that I hardly ever had to give any of my hens oyster shells.
I'm going to get the Turkey Delight pretty soon. My feed store doesn't sell wheat. I need to find somewhere else to get it from. The rest I can get fairly easily. I just really need to get everything.
I get mine at the farmers co-op for 11.00 per bag that also includes the turkey delight for 50# bags so they last along time. I think the Boss is cheaper like 15.00. And you can even grow it in the yard if you want. I also planted a section of my pasture around the pens with turkey delight and oats so that the birds can eat it with some herbs. They love it!
It's about that time of year where mom starts buying boss for the wild birds. It's usually a bit cheaper than that, but I'll find out next week when mom get's her wild bird seed. Seems like we grow more of the seeds than the birds eat since they like throwing out the ones they don't like.
lol.png

Quote:
I don't understand that at all Raz. None of those birds ever ate any of their eggs here even if I did not collect them for a few days trying to see if one would go broody. Is your protein high enough? You might try getting some turkey delight and giving it to them as a treat. I always did, it has much more in it than the grain.
I may have to do that. She only did it that one time and she lays almost daily since then. I make sure she's got free choice oyster shell. They all get 19% gamebird feed. They also get scratch as a treat.
Raz I was feeding them the gamebird or showbird plus the turkey delight and I also bought and gave them oats and wheat and sprouted black oil sunflower seeds mixed with the oat and wheat for them. With all that they seemed happy and grew and filled out beautifully! And really with all that I hardly ever had to give any of my hens oyster shells.
I'm going to get the Turkey Delight pretty soon. My feed store doesn't sell wheat. I need to find somewhere else to get it from. The rest I can get fairly easily. I just really need to get everything.
I get mine at the farmers co-op for 11.00 per bag that also includes the turkey delight for 50# bags so they last along time. I think the Boss is cheaper like 15.00. And you can even grow it in the yard if you want. I also planted a section of my pasture around the pens with turkey delight and oats so that the birds can eat it with some herbs. They love it!
It's about that time of year where mom starts buying boss for the wild birds. It's usually a bit cheaper than that, but I'll find out next week when mom get's her wild bird seed. Seems like we grow more of the seeds than the birds eat since they like throwing out the ones they don't like.
lol.png

Sounds good. I also forgot to tell you that when you are getting ready to hatch some I was told to add one cap full of Canine Red Cell to their water at least one gallon of water. It makes their chicks more vigorous and look much better.

Quote:
Sounds good. I also forgot to tell you that when you are getting ready to hatch some I was told to add one cap full of Canine Red Cell to their water at least one gallon of water. It makes their chicks more vigorous and look much better.
You told me. My feed store has it at a pretty good price, so it's on my list.
Good. Sorry to be such a bother. Those birds are very high maintenance. But they are from show quality birds so very worth it.
big_smile.png

Quote:
You told me. My feed store has it at a pretty good price, so it's on my list.
Good. Sorry to be such a bother. Those birds are very high maintenance. But they are from show quality birds so very worth it.
big_smile.png

It's fine, you're not bothering me one bit. This is stuff I need to know so I can take the best possible care of them.
big_smile.png

Hello folks! Omg it has been forever since ive been on here! We have made some changes to the line up, and now just have silkies and sizzles, some from Minkner lines that we are so super stoked about this season! We are keeping it small and sticking with banties this year. So fortunate our girls are laying up a storm! We are in walker county, and will have hatching eggs, some chicks and even a few adult peeps to rehome over the next few weeks, so if you get wind of anyone looking for sizzles, or silkies let me know. :) all our peeps are bearded and have excellent top knots! It's super good to be back!

Back
Top Bottom