ALABAMA!!

I had a stroke of luck this past weekend. I went to Newnan, GA for a poultry show. Last night I was having trouble sleeping, so I left my hotel room and went to the lobby where I was on the hotel computer. A man stopped to talk and through the course of the conversation he mentioned that his BCM hen won her class. I asked if she was for sale and he said she wasn't but he had one of her sisters that he would sell me for $30. I said, "I'll take her. "

So this morning at the show, he comes to me and says that he knows I'm going to be mad, but his daughter had sold the hen yesterday and hadn't told him. To make a long story short, I got $80 worth of mahogany colored hatching eggs for $30!!! The flash really washed them out.... they are nice!

The pink ones are RIR that are in for a fertility test. Okay, they don't look pink in the photo, but they do IRL.

@Wisher1000 How was your hatch? The eggs you gave me were a huge success. Lots of little muffs in there! I think only 3 didn't hatch. :)
I'll take better pics so maybe you can identify who they are. But Campine / Ameracauna X has to be a first rate egg layer. lol

The video was before adding the last little peeps that hatched overnight.

0.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom