ALABAMA!!

This one looks like a cockerel but the buff in above post looks like a pullet.

I just received my Silkie hatching eggs I bought from someone on the Facebook page, not sure if she has a name on here. Im very excited and she packed them very well. Are there any advice you can give me about shipped eggs?

Oh and WAR EAGLE!

Thank you, I got 18 eggs. She packed great but when I was putting them in the bator this morning out of an egg carton, while on the phone with my sister. The egg carton tipped dropping 6 of them. I almost cried. 3 was broken one that I wanted to hatch for sure :(

I've read 18 hours so I put them in this morning... hope that will be okay

Update: It looks like 8 are forming. Im excited to see the fuzzy buts :)

Hi , I have only two chickens, dominiques. I got them just so we could have a few fresh eggs. My husband has Parkinson's disease and I hope he will become interested and enjoy them. He can do very little, can't walk without a walker and when we go out I push him in a transport chair. He has some dementia along with the PD.
I ordered a small chicken tractor on e-bay. It is okay just not big enough so my daughter and I built a chicken run 10ft long and 3 feet wide out of PVC pipe, hardware cloth and plastic ties. It is not the prettiest thing but it serves the purpose. I have hawks and coyotes about so we built it so nothing can get in except maybe a small snake. It is light enough to move whenever I move the tractor so they are basically free range. I have built a chicken feeder that I saw on a video that works great and am going to build a chicken waterer as soon as I get a drill bit the size I need to make a hole in the bucket. It uses a nipple that lets the chicken peck and get a small sip of water at a time. It keeps the water clean as the chickens can't get to it to walk in. I am having fun with this but don't intend on getting anymore chickens. I have learned a lot on here that I have put to use. I live in Attalla, Al about 60 miles east of Birmingham.

Back
Top Bottom