ALABAMA!!

What feed are you all using for your layers? I've been looking for a layer feed that's 17-18% protein that isn't overly expensive. Nutrena Hearty Hen works, but I was hoping to find a local brand. I'm in Walker County but willing to travel an hour or so if needed.

Opp, AL address but I live out in the country where roosters can be roosters... We have RIR, Delaware, American Bresse, mature Cornish Cross that we will be breeding AI, White Giants in the brooder along with some Dark Cornish. Anconas coming in May, RI Whites coming in July and Welsummers coming in September. Currently setting 41 eggs a week from the Delaware and RI Red flocks.

Last edited:
What feed are you all using for your layers? I've been looking for a layer feed that's 17-18% protein that isn't overly expensive. Nutrena Hearty Hen works, but I was hoping to find a local brand. I'm in Walker County but willing to travel an hour or so if needed.
I'm using Alabama Coop Layer crumbles that is 18% protein and the results are quite good. It's under $14 for a 50lb bag. I had a little fun with the lady that takes my feed order the other day. I told her I was having a problem with her feed. Once her eyes got big enough I then told her that to many eggs were to big to fit in cartons. By weight some are 3oz and that is 2 full sizes above Jumbo.

I'm using Alabama Coop Layer crumbles that is 18% protein and the results are quite good. It's under $14 for a 50lb bag. I had a little fun with the lady that takes my feed order the other day. I told her I was having a problem with her feed. Once her eyes got big enough I then told her that to many eggs were to big to fit in cartons. By weight some are 3oz and that is 2 full sizes above Jumbo.
My local co-op only has 16% feed. Does that feed you use have any specific name or nah? An 18% protein feed for $0.30/lb is amazing! If I used Nutrena it'd be like $0.75/lb.

My local co-op only has 16% feed. Does that feed you use have any specific name or nah? An 18% protein feed for $0.30/lb is amazing! If I used Nutrena it'd be like $0.75/lb.
It's just called layer crumbles on the tag on the bag... after daylight I'll get a photo of it and post here.

It's just called layer crumbles on the tag on the bag... after daylight I'll get a photo of it and post here.
Sorry it took so long to get a tag. Finding one that was whole took some doing. I wanted the whole tag so no info was left out.

Co op.jpg

I am trying to help my mom rehome a rooster in Mississippi/Alabama. He is a white plymouth rock and just turned 1 this month. I'm not in the area so am looking for any leads on farm sanctuaries, rescues, or anywhere he can live out his natural life (not be dinner).

Thanks in advance.

I am trying to help my mom rehome a rooster in Mississippi/Alabama. He is a white plymouth rock and just turned 1 this month. I'm not in the area so am looking for any leads on farm sanctuaries, rescues, or anywhere he can live out his natural life (not be dinner).

Thanks in advance.
I'm on the FL/AL line area and would be willing to give him a life long home here if he is in good health. He would have to be in quarantine for 30 days before joining my flocks.

Back
Top Bottom