All about Amberlinks!

This pic was when they was six weeks old and the other three girls already had a touch of color. One of my girls has more brown highlights than the rest. Is this normal?
I don't know the breed well enough but my suspicion is yes - they are a hybrid breed and I know I have had a lot of variance in similar hybrids such as Cinnamon Queens or Red Sex Links - the amount of red and white are variable in my admittedly limited experience.

Just found this link, looks like I will be having some amber whites here as well...I hope both are hens. I was assured they all are hens...but the roo's sure are handsome

Do you know what hatchery your birds originally came from? Mine are from Dunlap, hoping they will have eggs like yours! Those look just like our Red Sex link egg color which is what I am hoping for! I want a darker brown egg layer, I lost my red sex link last year.
Our flock at that time was primarily Amberlinks and we also had 2 RSL. I'm sorry, I don't know! We got them from our local Tractor Supply.

I love my amberlinks. I picked up 6 at the tractor supply in the spring.i sold 2 and keep 4. They are the friendliest girls in our flock for sure and lay an egg every day. Perfect for people looking for a friendly little fluffy egg factory. My penny has been my favorite since she was a chick and begs for treats like a pro.

Back
Top Bottom