All about Amberlinks!

my experince with amberlinks:

not impressed. ive had better heritage type breeds. and ive had MUCH better hybrid type layers.

pros...........a good natured, calm, very tame type bird, mostly all white, but some have brown spots or specks on them. a very healthy strain. mine came from mt healthy hatchery by way of the local southern states feed store.

cons.........a small brown egg. i guess on a good day they would be considered large, but from my standards they are small. pretty regular at laying. ive seen better thats for sure. and mine have a tendency to go broody.

there is much better fowl out there. better layers, and better egg quality/consistancy. i wont be purchasing again.

Had I known how bad my luck was I would have bought more! I bought 12 Amberlinks at TSC and ended up with 6 roo's. Now I have to order more chicks from a hatchery.

We have 10 amber links that were sold as pullets however I am questioning that there is indeed a cock in the hen house.. Here is luna (suspect) and another of our girls for comparison, any help would be appreciated they are about 8 weeks
[/IMG]

I am getting the most consistent production from my leghorns. They lay large to extra large white eggs almost every day. They don't seem to like the cold though. If you are in a northern state you may want to insulate and heat your coop. My leghorns shut down the egg production from early December until just last week.

Back
Top Bottom