All about Amberlinks!

Pics
This is one of our 13 week old roosters who looks a lot like the rooster in the first post of this thread. He's from a SS hen x Red Star roo. He's more golden colored on his back and neck than you can see in the picture. His legs are whitish like his mother's.

73073_amber1.jpg

Last edited:
Does the color on Amberlink males spread as they get older? I have a four month old roo with very little color. I am hoping he gets even prettier.

I have a young rooster named Parm that, as many of them are, was supposed to be female. Out of five chicks four were male. Three were given away, two of whom were drop dead beautiful EE roos are to be the primary breeders of a small hatchery when they are old enough. This is the guy I kept because I couldn't stand to see him eventually get eaten. BTW his legs are yellowish pink with grey spots. Is this typical?
The last picture is him now after I came home from college for Thanksgiving.

I would like to add that they start laying fairly early (around 18 weeks), and are extremely prolific layers. I have 6 amberlinks, and once they started producing I had 40-42 eggs per week, and even now in the winter without light in the coop, I get an average of 35 eggs per week. Their eggs are beautiful, different shades of brown and the darker ones are lightly speckled. They are cold hardy, calm and friendly birds. I know they're "mutts", but I love them!

Here are my girls/boy not really sure, I know we have one Roo, not sure about the others. They are 6 weeks today, April 29, 2013, so if any one can help me with the sex of them that would be great

I am new to chickens and have what I beleive to be an Amber Link Roo...Can someone confirm if this is a Roo or pullet...
smile.png

We got all the white ones on 3/1/13...so they are approximately 10 weeks old
We named him/her Ugly Duckling

He/She is the 3rd one back...I think the others are Amber Link Pullets.

I havent' seen him/her try to mount any of the other chickens and no crowing yet.

I don't know a lot about chickens, but Ugly Duckling is very skittish...runs off whenever someone is around. Doesn't seem very agressive or protective at all...

Last edited:
Definitely a Rooster... started Cock-a-Doodling like crazy and was super agressive to the other chickens....He had to go unfortunately
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom