All advice for raising ducklings please

Pics
@New duck mommy 2021

Help!!!! Is this the yolk sac? It is the first baby. It popped out on its own. It looks like yellow water, like pee color, not dark like I saw the yolk sac. Do I need to put it in a cup????

#2 is zipping
Hard to tell, it might just be the residual stuff left in the egg.

Grats on the two hatches so far!

Hard to tell, it might just be the residual stuff left in the egg.

Grats on the two hatches so far!
Ok. Thanks. Doesn't look like yolk but never had the egg goo just sit like that with chicks.

Thanks!!! Think those were the only 2 pipped on Wed. The others were yesterday so guess we see how long they take to hatch. But may not have more baby ducks till tomorrow. But the chicks should be popping out.

Too funny 4 chicks have hatched all of which pipped last night and overnight. Lol

One of the ducklings lost the shell around its 2 pips. I think from being rolled around from the 2 hatched ones. And the wrong end pip now has some fluff sticking out the hole it made so I need to keep an eye on that one for bruising in case it turned

Help!!!! Is this the yolk sac? It is the first baby. It popped out on its own. It looks like yellow water, like pee color, not dark like I saw the yolk sac. Do I need to put it in a cup????

#2 is zipping
I completely forgot about this, but yes, my duck eggs were extra gooey when hatching too compared to any of my chicks. I put them all in cups for nothing at the time :p

Congratulations on your babies so far!

I completely forgot about this, but yes, my duck eggs were extra gooey when hatching too compared to any of my chicks. I put them all in cups for nothing at the time :p

Congratulations on your babies so far!
Lol I believe it. I was freaking out. The poor 3rd one hatched and had the goo glob all over its head. It moved and it just slid off. Lol

Back
Top Bottom