all I can say is "wow!" - duck poo rules!

AngieChick

Poultry Elitist
11 Years
Jun 18, 2008
Willamette Valley, OR
Every year I put together and hang a number of hanging baskets. They look lovely every year, but they have never looked nearly as beautiful as they do right now. The flowers are huge, the foliage is filling in, and the leaves are bright green. The only difference is that every week I am watering them with gross icky duck pond water. It's still early in the season, but what an incredible difference I'm seeing. I am now a believer in the power of duck poo!
wink.png

Thank you Wifezilla for posting ages ago about your experiences with it. I am just amazed.

When we cleaned out the straw from the duck garage in April, we put it on top of the garden. The unseasonal huge amount of rain we got soaked it into the soil. Then when it dried, my hubby mulched it and spread it out. As I plant the garden, I just make a hole in the top straw and plant. The plants are so healthy and hardly any weeds.

Yup, Nuthin rules like duck poo!

i had ducks in my room for 7 months. i layed sheets on my floor and had towels in their pen. soo when it was time to do duck laundry i shook off all the poop into my mom's flower garden and they doubled! and now with my ducklings brooder which is a kids port-a-crib thing.. i shake off towels into the peach tree so i am in the middle of fertilizing that too. duck poo rules!!!!!

Our brooder bedding is old towels. I would rinse them before tossing them into the washer. The rinse water was fabulous for the garden! Now I take poo-laden straw and shavings and jazz up gardens and compost. Sometimes I make a tea, soaking the dirty bedding in a bucket, then I strain out the shavings and pour the fertilizer water on the plants. yum!

Duck water from their bath tub and kiddy pool goes in the vegetable garden on above ground plants, flower beds, new pecan tree, container plants.. soiled straw from nests gets buried in garden where there aren't any plants.. I also spread some around tomato plants before they started putting on fruit. The corn loved the poo water as well as the cucumbers, squash, beans, pepper. The pecan tree we planted last spring is enjoying a weekly 5 gallon bucket of it too..

Tomatoes love duck poo, I had some volunteer tomatoes show up in where their run use to be, the plants grew over 7 feet tall and produced more cherry tomatoes than we could pick. really any poultry poo is good, but ducks also make manure tea.

Back
Top Bottom