all I can say is "wow!" - duck poo rules!

I have a bunch of Canno plants (not sure of the spelling), this spring I moved some of them from the big flowerbed and planted them along side of the duck pen. When I empty the duck pool the water goes directly to those plants. The Canno in the flowerbed are about 2 feet tall, the Canno along side of the duck pen are almost 5 feet tall LOL I plan to plant a lot more flowering plants along the fence line of the duck pen!

Michelle

Duck poo is an important part of my garden as well.

Yucky pool water, the poopy straw...it all gets used. Who needs miracle grow??

thanks for that post. im now going to set a pump system up so everytime we pump out the pool, it waters the grass!!
ya.gif
woot.gif

Quote:
Exactly!
My BIL keeps trying to tell me to get this fertilizer or that fertilizer.
roll.png
I tell him I have the best fertilizer between my ducks and chickens then he could EVER buy at any store. Mine is free.
big_smile.png

I too have dumped duck poo in the grass. I used towels as bedding for my ducks when they were in a brooder cage. The chickens have also donated to the cause. I live in NC and have nothing but sandy soil. It's taken years to get any grass to grow. What a difference now!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

I have to wonder........ is the duck and chicken poo as good or better then horse poo? My veggie garden is a jungle from using horse poo that was composted. Don't seem to have to compost duck and chicken poo with is a major plus!
wee.gif

Quote:
My SIL sent us 200 Canna Lilly bulbs from NY a month ago. (She digs up over 10,000 of them every fall and replants them every spring!!) Anyway, hubby planted them and they're just coming up. I'm going to have him start watering them with the duck and goose poo water. I bet they're grow like wildfire!!!! Thanks for the great idea!!!

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom