All my crazy projet ideas!

Pics
Very nice, I know @MysteryChicken got her brassy backs from Cackle too.
What others do you think you'll need?

Do you know of ant quality, old English breeders? Colors don't matter.
I don't know any breeders and I mainly look at facebook for my area or order from Cackle. The others I may need is a blue Ameraucana male, Black or Lavender Ameraucana females, some straight run silver and chamois Spitzhauben. I'm still trying to get a male chamois Spitzhauben. Also passably some silkies for my friends daughter.

Maybe some silver Sebrights and bantam phoenix.

Also my only issue with Cackle is I have to order 5 of the same breed for bantams. I can't mix and match with in that 5. Kinda sucks.

I’ve seen lavender bantam Ameraucanas on eBay

I had some OEGB chicks hatch
Have to be very careful with eBay orders. The Ameraucana bantams I got was from a mixed pen of Blue, Blue Wheaten, Wheaten and Lavender. If you can see if the one selling eggs has a web site as well that would be a good start. There are some reputable breeders that sell eggs on eBay.

Also alot of them use stock photos or photos from hatcheries as if those where their birds. I'm not saying don't do it, but research and be cautious.

Also my only issue with Cackle is I have to order 5 of the same breed for bantams. I can't mix and match with in that 5. Kinda sucks.
Agree, I’ve never order from them but when I did look at their website to see if their bantams were cheeper to by on the the website or a feed store, I didn’t like that I couldn’t mix and match my bantam chicks I wanted.

Have to be very careful with eBay orders. The Ameraucana bantams I got was from a mixed pen of Blue, Blue Wheaten, Wheaten and Lavender. If you can see if the one selling eggs has a web site as well that would be a good start. There are some reputable breeders that sell eggs on eBay.

Also alot of them use stock photos or photos from hatcheries as if those where their birds. I'm not saying don't do it, but research and be cautious.
I’ll have to find the ad. The ad pics where not from a hatchery, their birds looked nice. Will let u know if I find their ad.

Another pretty big update, I'm getting a dozen crele old English hatching eggs once the breeder gets his first dozen!
They aren't show quality, or anything; but I figure it would be fun to cross them into my cross color project. :D
I love my OEGB I love my creles because they are such good mamas I currently have 2 of them and one silver duckwing and one bb red sadly I had to sell bb red roos they were such a nice sight tho

Also try craigslist sometimes they have hatching eggs

I didn't think of that, I think I'll try it! Thanks!

Ehh, not really? I think they only lay about 100-150 eggs a year. Roughly.
They lay better than my silkies but you do have to take into account the time that they are broody for OEGB were developed for cockfighting so they aren't exactly egg producers but they lay more eggs than we do a year

They lay better than my silkies but you do have to take into account the time that they are broody for OEGB were developed for cockfighting so they aren't exactly egg producers but they lay more eggs than we do a year
That's a fair point..
My OEGB go broody quite often though, so I'm not sure how well the would apply to my flock.. Lol

What old English colors do you own?

That's a fair point..
My OEGB go broody quite often though, so I'm not sure how well the would apply to my flock.. Lol

What old English colors do you own?
Crele,BB Red,and Silver duckwing right now I have some OEGB sebright or silkie eggs in the Bator all of them are gonna have the sebright gene since thats what my roo is

Back
Top Bottom