All my Female Black Swans are practicing nest building............

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
And one seems to think that she can build her nest right on my backdoor's door matt....!
lol.png
I have bits of this and that all over my back porch, ........ everytime I sweep it off.
She also follows me around everywhere and if I stop to do something, she starts practicing right near me.......
She does hang out with the male, but still follows me around and comes up to my back door and knocks and honks, if i'm not outside when she thinks i should be....
I think I have an extra female also.... was suppose to be a male, but i caught Tango nest building in the corner. Tango has always been a little girly looking.
roll.png

That's ok, i can always look for another male... Tango is very special.
They have big wooden dog houses near their temporary pond....... I guess She figures the safest place is right by the door,
tongue.png

my black swan is sitting on 3 eggs, due to hatch, I'm guessing 3 Dec
this will be her first hatch
she had one egg last year (that we knew of), she had it right on the side of the pond, I'm thinking it rolled into the pond.
this year she did the same thing, so we got 3 bales of hay and put alone the side of the pond then took a 4th bale of hay and threw it around, she picked up that whole bale and has the biggest nest.

Back
Top Bottom