All the drakes can’t leave daffy alone

oh no poor Daffy she will be hurt or can even be killed. get 2 drakes out of there . the best ratio for ducks is 1 drake for every 5 hens.
Check Daffy carefully if she is hurt, get all the drakes seperate for a while. after she gets well then only put one drake with your hens.
I have them separated she looks fine I held her for quite a while today I checked her real good she doesn’t seem hurt just the bald spot but I noticed my other hen Charlie is also getting a bald spot now that I separated daffy from the flock… can I separate them all boys and all girls and my drake ( daisy) will he die without her ??? when they are separated, he sits right next to where she’s at and he don’t move from there. I’m worried that he will starve to death.

I'd pen all males in one area and all females in a different area.
If in your situation I'd keep all males away until all females heal completely. Talking about the balding spots. Those will quickly progress to bleeding wounds if you don't.
Later you could probably get away with one male and the three females but I'd pick a less aggressive breeding male from the three.
Two males need to go or be permanently separated from the group.
Just my opinion.

Who's who?
Is Daffy and Daisy both hens? If so then you have 3 drakes penned with 1 hen?
Daffy is my hen daisy is my drake and they have always been together then there are the babies ( Charlie & Elvis are hens, Elvira and Chance are drakes )
I incubated the” babies” Daffy did not do well staying with her eggs, so the second time around I incubated them so that’s who is who

Daffy is my hen daisy is my drake and they have always been together then there are the babies ( Charlie & Elvis are hens, Elvira and Chance are drakes )
I incubated the” babies” Daffy did not do well staying with her eggs, so the second time around I incubated them so that’s who is who
:lau so besides Chance all your males have female names and the females have male names. Now I see how i got confused.

Back
Top Bottom