all who are hatching quail

I had some that had thicker shells than others, but that did not seem to make a difference when hatching. Does your house fluctuate temperatures? or is the incubator near a window, or heater vent? the external temp stays between 64 and 68 where my incubator is so the internal temp is less likely to fluctuate. I got http://incubatorwarehouse.com/incubator-remote-thermometer-hygrometer.html
and it works wonderfully. You might also make sure there is light coming in through the windows on the incubator. All of my eggs hatched during daylight hours when there was ample light, I do not know if there is a correlation or not, but its worth a try. I wish I could offer you more, good luck and keep up the faith. They will pop out soon enough.

one hatched at 12 pm today very quickly! Yes there is a lot of temp flucuations. I didnt want to put it in my closet because there are no vents in there and cold. Maybe should have tried anyway.

one hatched at 12 pm today very quickly! Yes there is a lot of temp flucuations. I didnt want to put it in my closet because there are no vents in there and cold. Maybe should have tried anyway.
Congrats!!!!

One of the weaknesses of the tabletop incubators is susceptibility to external temperature flux. You might look into making a cooler-bator. They seem to hold temperature better with external flux.

There is still plenty of hope for your little ones, I have three eggs that are just now starting to rock, I understand that they can go over by as much as 7 days.

Congrats!!!!

One of the weaknesses of the tabletop incubators is susceptibility to external temperature flux. You might look into making a cooler-bator. They seem to hold temperature better with external flux.

There is still plenty of hope for your little ones, I have three eggs that are just now starting to rock, I understand that they can go over by as much as 7 days.

I have 22 as of this morning and they are still hatching!
celebrate.gif
I can't even take the dry ones out because another one is always hatching!

I have 22 as of this morning and they are still hatching!
celebrate.gif
I can't even take the dry ones out because another one is always hatching!

Very Nice!
wee.gif
That is awesome that they are coming out now.

I had one break shell yesterday, and 3 more are rocking. I think um up to 25, if the 3 rocking actually break shell, that will be 28/38.

I may be hatching quail myself very soon!

someone near me is selling eggs for hatching but I don't have an incubator................they offered to loan me one of their incubators!

kinda cool!

I wonder at what age the quail need to be to tell if its a male or female?

I will have to read up on this.

I am now searching craigs lists for bird cages................they may help until I make my own set up.

I know the chicks don't need an elaborate set up and I have a heat lamp etc ..........

I may be hatching quail myself very soon!

someone near me is selling eggs for hatching but I don't have an incubator................they offered to loan me one of their incubators!

kinda cool!

I wonder at what age the quail need to be to tell if its a male or female? 

I will have to read up on this.

I am now searching craigs lists for bird cages................they may help until I make my own set up.

I know the chicks don't need an elaborate set up and I have a heat lamp etc ..........

Gender can be identified at about 3 weeks with the Jumbo Coturnix.

My 120 Jumbo Brown Coturnix Quail eggs are due to hatch this Sunday and Monday! They're coming out of the egg turner tomorrow morning to go into lockdown.

WELL, today is the 14 day and 1 chick hatched and I found him/her under the egg turner, and all the smaller eggs are starting to pip and break their ways out! What a surprise!

Back
Top Bottom