all who are hatching quail

Really? I was thinking 21-23 days, having read that somewhere. Totally unprepared! got them brooding in the bathtub in a spare bathroom, and got temperatures relatively settled in quickly. Feed store opens in a few minutes, headed straight over there. 2 healthy, 2 didnt make it once they got out, and 1 died coming out of the egg, seems to have snapped his own neck against the shell. 95 eggs left!

17 Days for Coturnix. Sounds like you are taking them out of the incubator rather quickly. It is ok to leave them in there while the others hatch. I usually leave mine in the incubator at least until they are dry, and then I only open the incubator to get them out if no other eggs are pipped or zipping. You want to keep the humidity as steady as possible during the hatch.

Yeah I pulled only the dry ones out. Thanks for the heads up though. Humidity is stable at 58percent.

How does anyone feel about older all metal brower brooders?? I've found some for sale 3 hours away and trying to decide wether to go get them or not. They do not have the waters or feed troughs. They are brooders and grow out pens stacked on the castor base in pairs. Any advice is welcomed.

I'm really excited. We are fairly new to quail. Just placed 119 coturnix in the incubator last night (pharoah, tibetan and a&m). Hoping for a good hatch!! :)

How does anyone feel about older all metal brower brooders?? I've found some for sale 3 hours away and trying to decide wether to go get them or not. They do not have the waters or feed troughs. They are brooders and grow out pens stacked on the castor base in pairs. Any advice is welcomed.
I had four of them for years and loved them;sold them and now getting back in and wish I hadn't......
he.gif
...I do however really like the new design though....Bugger...It's only money right.....
barnie.gif

I'm really excited. We are fairly new to quail. Just placed 119 coturnix in the incubator last night (pharoah, tibetan and a&m). Hoping for a good hatch!! :)
Hi;may I ask where you got your eggs....?...I'm goin with jmf but seem too love too get myself into trouble with too many....
tongue.png

Another batch of snowflake quail hatching..I love my little snowflakes!! Can't forget the Georgia Giants..they are hatching too!

Back
Top Bottom