all who are hatching quail

Oh wicked! I just got my silkies so it'll be like a year before I can even try it out but I will be waiting... impatiently! My neighbor has a pigeon coop hey're just wild pigeons but still maybe I could.....

So the question would be. Is a silky really a chicken? Lol. I think it is debatable. I too have a silky but it will be a while for me to try this also. I have about three more weeks before my coturnix start to lay. And my silky is only about 6 or7 months. But this does sound interesting. I may have to try this when she goes broody.

I set 120 Brown coturnix eggs and 75 hatched! It's been 4 days and I only lost 1. I had to assist 3 out. I other had crooked feet not legs. But it seems fine now. All in all a decent hatch I think.

first time hatching. put 3-4 into incubator per day, until we had 57. took a break of a few days in the middle.

the few days' worth that i stopped rotating early (because i wasn't paying attention to the dates), are the only ones that didn't hatch. 47 out of 57 are running around in the brooders.

Well, my Tennessee Reds finally quit laying. I will hatch out the last ones on Oct. 7th. I only had 8 hens, but I hatched put around 150 chicks this year. Nothing but fun. Can;t wait for my Bobwhites to lay in the spring. I will give my incubator and hatcher a well deserved rest after October.

Does anyone know if a silkie could hatch quail eggs with success?

My broody Silkie is sitting on coturnix eggs right now. She has successfully hatched clutches of chicken eggs several times. I expect her to be successful hatching quail too!

My D'uccle hen is also sitting on quail eggs, but she hasn't been great at keeping them under her so I'll be surprised if any hatch. This the first time she has went broody.

Update on my Silkie brooding quail eggs in about 2 weeks!

Back
Top Bottom