all who are hatching quail

Thanks James, think I'll try again next weekend before lockdown. They are jumbo Texas a&m, so am I right in thinking they may take a day or two longer in the incubator?

Haveandtohold I have also read about the float test... As long as the water is a similar temp to the inside of the incubator it shouldn't harm the eggs. That will probably be my last resort next week!

Thanks for replying guys, I was beginning to think I was an internet ghost! Hahah.

Hi, I am just starting out and I have 2 male and 3 female Chinese painted, aged 3-4 months. I have had them 3 days and keep them indoors in an indoor all plastic rabbit cage. I am giving them 14 hrs of artificial light and feed them well. They are eating well. Seem happy, chirpy and sociable wee fellas. How long can I expect to wait before they start to lay eggs? I intened to hatch them. Thanks

Hi guys follow up Question for those whos breeding Japanese quail. Here in the Philippines i brought 5,200.00 pcs a days old Japanese quail for Egg Productions. They can easily determine a day old Chicks is it true? I've seen the Female are Golder Brown while the Male have stripes black. The question is... Is it really the chick of Japanese Quail or Cross Breed?

They can easily determine a day old Chicks is it true? I've seen the Female are Golder Brown while the Male have stripes black. The question is... Is it really the chick of Japanese Quail or Cross Breed?

My guess would be that you have two different color varieties. For example Pharaohs & Golden Manchurians. Looking forward to photos. In my experience the earliest you can start to visually tell the sex of Pharaoh chicks is at about 18-20 days.

Hi can anyone help me out with an answer?
Many people feel that they are best kept in pairs only. So if this is the case, your birds may be stressed from not being kept in the proper ratio.

You need to PM GrandmaBird. She knows all there is to know about button quail. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom