all who are hatching quail

I have a photo in my files with spraddle legs being fixed. Use the bandage the sticks to itself.My chick did get better for a bit and later just failed, hard work for her. Good luck, there are some good threads and links on here.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the response everyone! You've all given me some great resources. I can't believe that chick made it through the night! One of her legs has already returned to normal and functional position so let's just hope we can get that other leg to fall in line today.
fl.gif
I'm not going to hold my breath but the hubs has gotten attached to the little dear so I guess we'll keep trying.
idunno.gif

I think I'm going to buy fifty this summer. I bought 25 last summer and that was not nearly enough. I bought them for meat, eggs, and I wanted to try hatching them. I did okay the first batch, but the second time around none of them hatched and I haven't gotten an egg since November.

I think I'm going to buy fifty this summer. I bought 25 last summer and that was not nearly enough. I bought them for meat, eggs, and I wanted to try hatching them. I did okay the first batch, but the second time around none of them hatched and I haven't gotten an egg since November.

shorter days = no eggs. :/

Put a light in their coop, they need 14 hours of daylight I think to lay.. thats how the commercial guys do it. Works with lots of animals... race horses included

Love my crazy wee birds, gave them sandpits to play in yesterday, one group piled in together toothpick legs everywhere ! and the other group were rolling around in it too till one decided it was their nest .. and laid her eggs there.

Last edited:
exactly, no harm done in putting them in because you never know. i'll be doing the same. ive had my Quail 3 weeks and they have started to lay. they have given me 4 eggs in 3 days. I have 3 hens in with 2 males. they are chinese quail. how long to the eggs remain good for incubating after they have been laid? I am trying to figure out how many to collect in a batch before putting then in. thanks

exactly, no harm done in putting them in because you never know. i'll be doing the same. ive had my Quail 3 weeks and they have started to lay. they have given me 4 eggs in 3 days. I have 3 hens in with 2 males. they are chinese quail. how long to the eggs remain good for incubating after they have been laid? I am trying to figure out how many to collect in a batch before putting then in. thanks

About 10 days.

Back
Top Bottom