all who are hatching quail

ill be putting 74 in lockdown today. this is my first time incubating. i started with 99 so i figured still having 74 of them i must have been doing something correct! my temp has stayed pretty consistent at 99.5 and humidity around 50% the whole time. did have an egg that develpoed a leak around day 13. wow did that stink! but otherwise its been pretty simple. ill probably set another 100 once these all hatch out. ill post some pics once they start popping out.

Hello everyone! Got a question, when my eggs start to hatch will they need to be taken out right away because they might roll the other eggs or is that ok

The chick will not need to be taken out right away. It is better to leave them in there until they completely dry off. They will roll around all the other eggs but that is ok. The chicks can stay in there for around 24 hours after hatching. So just be patient. It is better if you do not take them out before they all hatch. If you open the incubator to remove chicks you may end up shrink wrapping the rest of the chicks. By that, I mean the moisture may come away from the inner membrain of the nonhatched eggs and literally shrink whap the chicks in the shell. Patience is a must once they start hatching.

Chicks will not need food or water for up to 3 days after hatching. They are still consuming the yoke sac. They will be for 24 hours, and can go as long as 48 if needed.

Whip out the camera and take pics, its almost as good as pulling them out.

Sure, Mine are about to go into lockdown and Im freaking out about doing it too early or too late.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom