all who are hatching quail

Stop this!!! Your making me want to incubate more eggs!

Beware the broody....owner?
tongue.png

For those of you who raise quail for eating I wanted to share a picture with you. I posted this on the comparing quail sizes thread then thought I might need to put it on here also.
This pic shows three James Marie Farms quail on the left, freshly processed by me, then three of the "mixed coturnix" quail I had raised, processed and had in the freezer. These were all adult birds. I had been weighing the birds and knew they were significantly larger, but this pic really drives it home.

These birds were hatched by me, raised in the same cages, and feed the same foods.

For those of you who raise quail for eating I wanted to share a picture with you. I posted this on the comparing quail sizes thread then thought I might need to put it on here also.
This pic shows three James Marie Farms quail on the left, freshly processed by me, then three of the "mixed coturnix" quail I had raised, processed and had in the freezer. These were all adult birds. I had been weighing the birds and knew they were significantly larger, but this pic really drives it home.

These birds were hatched by me, raised in the same cages, and feed the same foods.

Oh man I am such a wuss, I have thought about eating these guys but this picture was like "urp!" for me so I guess I better not try it....good way to show the size difference though! (bleh!) lol

Last edited:

that is quite the difference! ive been kicking around the idea of getting eggs form them, but i think that image might have just sold me.

Back
Top Bottom