all who are hatching quail

He should be fine for another few hours, but it is one of those situations where you either save one life or many. I'd leave it be until the majority of the hatching is done, then quickly remove him.

Okay thank you. It's so heart breaking because thanks to y'all I'm already at 50% & they're still going. Makes me feel better knowing these chicks are from my own lil flock!

I put fermented feed in with the Littles and a small container with a small square cut out towards the bottom on the side. I fill it with marbles, then put water in. The marbles prevent them from drowning by preventing them from climbing inside the hole.
I keep them in the incubator this way until most of them are hatched. About 48 hours after initial hatchling.

Doesn't the kicking around of the eggs cause a problem for those not out of the shell yet?
no, their eggs seem so small they right themselves when knocked over. I didn't have a problem. I did sometimes rearrange the unmatched eggs to be all together in a group, but the chicks like to lay on top of the hatching eggs...practicing maybe lol

average size coturnix egg, white bobwhite egg and one from a very unlucky lady. That's a huge egg.

Back
Top Bottom